Blooming Love and Salted Wound

Son Yejin POV

Browse. SoStoked.

Son Woojin : The Greedy 3rd generation of The Son Tycoon.

Damn it! Why he didn't take the post about Woojin yet? After what I did to him last night?

Where are you Bin?

Cafe across the street. You're done, babe?

What are you doing there? Doing some designs?

I'm done with work today. Games. Do you want me to pick you up there? Or you want some coffee here?

Let's go home. Pick me up.

"You're so silent, babe... what happened? I thought you're getting your nails done." he lifted up my hand.

I didn't say a thing but let go of my hand and got inside my room, closed the door behind me. Left him outside.

"Yejin, are you mad at me?"

I left him outside for thirty more minutes, then I came out.

He was on the bar table, again, with his laptop. Games. I walked behind me and opened the fridge. Jiyoung always kept the fridge filled with our favorite snacks. I took some strawberry jam and ice cream, ignoring his presence.

"You're done mad?" he asked.

I ignored him. He looked unhappy and repeated his question. "Yejin, I'm talking to you. Are you done mad?"

"You think? Why you haven't taken down your post about Woojin and GoldenSon? Now it's trending everywhere. Why? Because a lot of media has reposted it and it's going to be useless? Can't you show some respect and deleted that post?"

"Respect? Look what he did, Yejin."

"He did what? Ruining the environment? Like you really care about the environment, Bin! After what I did to you last night? and this morning? Was that all meant nothing?"

"Watch what your brother said to the press last night!"

He shoved his phone to me and turned his face back on the screen.

I've known for quite a long time who's the person behind SoStoked. Recently he challenged us publicly in the Geochang mayor's gala dinner. He is the son of the deceased Hyun couple who caused the first hit in the multiple collision crash ten years ago in Geochang. It was a devastating accident for all of us, for me and my sister personally. We lost our parents in that accident. I'm still figuring out what was his motive, as personally, we are all collateral damages here.

But I don't see him as an enemy or so. Just the usual problem. He and that social justice warriors-as that's how they called their group is, they are the resistance group against my company. It's common, very common in almost every private project, you'll meet this kind of burden. I'm not surprised, really.

There is no reason to back off from this expansion, as we have followed every standard protocol in opening a gold mine project. But surely I will dig more, as I will ask the Geochang mayor, Jeong Chaesan, to mediate us through discussion and more intellectual ways to meet their interest.

We're all educated people here. Why using the old ways shouting your aspirations on the street while there are easier and more polite ways to communicate? Mr. Hyun Bin is a well-educated architect with a master degree from Columbia. I'm sure he knows how. But I don't understand why? Is this a kind of scam to extort our money? Come on, Mr. Hyun, you can't be that desperate.