Chapter 10: Creature of Darkness

(Perspective: Willow)

I remembered the day I was created. It was some dark grim castle. I was created in the throne room of King Darkmoon.

"You are a creature of darkness," he told me, "Your only purpose... is to destroy. Do you understand?" I nod my head.

I remembered my first test as a creature of darkness. I was sent alone on a special mission to help someone in need of help. I was supposed to help the other demon by hurting them, but instead I did something else. I saw a girl with red hair was attacking a girl with slate-brown hair. The slate-brown haired girl kicked the other girl's stomach, so I punched her in the face and lent out a hand to the red haired girl.

"Who are you?" she asked me.

"I want to know the same thing," I answered, "Take me to meet the princess." I remembered when I first met the princess. She was kind, sweet, and patient. We went on many adventures together. But everything came to end when I arrived on Earth. I met this human boy named Lance. He was the sweetest person I've ever met. He was around the age of 17 and had the SOUL of Determination. We had a bond together and even fell in love with each other. But then, on that tragic day, his chest was pierced by the spear of his own father who had taken the form of a monster. He fell to the ground and said his final words.

"I'm sorry," he said, "Please win this war for me." He stopped breathing and his SOUL appeared in front of me. I was so filled with that I snatched the SOUL and tried to restore it using my own power. I became filled with Hatred towards that man. I turned to the monster.

"You Monster!" I shouted as the tears flowed down my face, "How could you?! You're the only thing that remains now. No matter what it takes, I WILL kill you!" Using the power of my half-sized SOUL, I tried to kill him with a lavender shock wave. However, he got the best of me and turned me into the being of pure destruction I was set out to be.

The rest of my memory after that was blurry. The next thing I remembered was ending up in a jail cell in the anti-void. I was sitting all alone in my cell huddled up in the corner like a ball of lavender yarn. Then, I heard a knock on the door. The door opened, and a glitched skeleton monster appeared in front of me. He walked over to me and lent out a hand of friendship.

"I u-understand how y-y-you f-feel," he said with his voice glitching, "S-SOUL d-destroyer. Come with m-me. I can h-help you d-d-d-destroy peace between h-humanity." I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up.

"You wouldn't understand me even if you tried," I told him, "I wiped out an entire monster city from the power of one SOUL."

"And I just destroyed 50 AUs," the glitch responded, "I don't think we're so different after all."

"I was born a creature of darkness," I stated, "I used to be a good person, but now I will serve my real purpose with you." Then, we shook hands and left the cell. Through him, I saw a way out.

Back to the present, I escaped to the dark areas of Waterfall to hide from Kumatora. I was amazed by the fact that she defeated me with the power of 2 SOUL Traits. I only survived because of the power of 6 of the 7 Deadly SOULs. If I hadn't absorbed them, I would've died. I could only live off of the SOULs of others. If I were to lose those SOULs, I would be dead.

A few minutes passed before Ralsei showed up at last. His Hatred had worn off.

"You seem sad," he said to me.

"I'm not sad, I'm just disappointed," I told him, "I lost to a human. I don't get it. I'm supposed to be strong, powerful, feared, hated. But, I don't feel like I'm any of those. And then there's you. You wouldn't kill your brother unless I forced you to, even if you really wanted a SOUL. Why was that?"

"As much as I really wanted a SOUL, Lucas was still family to me," Ralsei responded, "I couldn't just kill my brother. Now it feels wrong to still be living without him."

"Well that's too bad," I said, "You're stuck with that SOUL unless someone kills you." Ralsei sighed.

"I guess you're right," he said, "But what's our plan now?"

"Once I get the SOUL of Fear, I'm going back in time to obtain the last of Giygas's power," I explained, "That's why it's so important that I kill Frisk and obtain her SOUL."

"I see," Ralsei responded, "Where do I fit into this plan?"

"I haven't decided yet," I answered, "You'll have to wait and see."

"Oh."

"Now, I'm going to go start the invasion on Fourside," I stated, "Your job is to find Frisk and kill her."

"I... understand," Ralsei hesitated. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you telling me you don't want to?" I asked with suspicion. Ralsei turned his head away.

"I can't keep doing this," he said, "If my parents were to ever find out about this, they would be devastated." I got up and slapped his face.

"Don't you remember who brought you back to life?!" I reminded, "It was me! You made a deal with me, and I was able to bring you back. You work for me, remember? Or were you too much of an idiot to even remember? You are going to kill Frisk, got it?!" Ralsei didn't respond.

"Oh, I see how it is," I continued, "Maybe this will talk you into it." I snapped my fingers and got him under my control.

"Now, go kill Frisk," I demanded, "And be sure to bring me her SOUL."

"Yes," Ralsei responded, "I won't let you down." He teleported away, leaving me alone for a while.

How will I get rid of him? I thought to myself.