Chapter 15: Divine Hatred

(Perspective: Asriel)

"Out of your control?!" Willow said as she raised an eyebrow, "I'm not sure I understand. Nevermind that. Now that you're with them, you will die!" She cast a lightning bolt at Ralsei. Chara quickly pulled out the Franklin Badge and deflected the attack back at Willow. Willow slid a few feet back, but remained mostly unharmed.

"It feels like she has Determination," Willow said, "I better be more careful with my movements." I stepped forward.

"Willow," I began, "It's time to end this for once and for all. You are going to pay for all of the lives you've taken." I summoned the Chaos Saber and pointed it at her. She looked at me and howled with laughter.

"Do you really think a weapon like that can defeat me?" she said, "I'm the most powerful thing alive!"

"That may be true, but my Love is stronger than your Hatred," I told her, "No matter what it takes, I will kill you." I ran forward and attempted to slice off her arm.

"SOUL of Sloth, slow down his speed," Willow commanded. Suddenly, a light green SOUL appeared in front of me and slowed my speed drastically. Then, Willow summoned a scythe and tried to slice me. Fortunately, Ness cast PK Fire at her just before she could get me. My speed then returned to normal. Willow had gotten a few burn scars, but they were suddenly healed by dark purple magic.

"Three shades of purple," she said, "But each one has a different meaning. Thanks to my extra SOUL of Envy, I will be able to regenerate the wounds you give me." While she was busy talking, I swung my Chaos Saber at Willow, cutting off her left arm. She lowered her eyebrows and went into a rage. Using the SOUL of Envy, she regenerated her arm, but from her hand to her elbow glowed a lavender hue.

"You really are idiots," she said, "As long as I have these extra SOULs in my arsenal, you will be unable to kill me."

"That's nice," Ness said sarcastically, "But did you ever consider our different SOUL types? You are weak to Perseverance, Determination, and Love, all SOUL traits that we have."

"And we all refuse to give up until the day you leave this world!" Chara added, "Now, let me show you what I can do." She pulled out twin knives that she had been saving for a while and dashed towards Willow. Using the SOUL of Sloth, she slowed Chara's speed, leaving her vulnerable. Concerned for her safety, I swung my sword vertically at Willow. Willow quickly grabbed the blade and held it tightly. I gasped.

"Did you really think I'd fall for the same trick twice?" she asked me, "I'm not that stupid." I started charging up a fire attack.

"PK Fire!" I shouted as I cast the fire at Willow. The blast launched her back slightly, allowing Chara to return to normal. Willow was about to heal her burns, but I dashed forward and started swinging my weapon wildly at her. It was crucial to me that she didn't have any chance to heal herself.

"Look!" Ralsei said, "See that SOUL? If we destroy it, she'll take critical damage."

"Leave that to me," Chara said. As Willow was dodging every swing I made, Chara threw her knife at the SOUL, causing it to shatter. Willow fell to the ground and coughed up a light green liquid.

"So much for the most powerful being," Chara said, "If you really were as powerful as you said you were, you wouldn't be taking damage every time one of your SOULs was shattered." Willow continued coughing.

"This is impossible!" she shouted, "I'm supposed to be strong, and yet, I was beaten by a bunch of kids? Wait, it isn't over just yet." She picked up the knife and threw it at Ralsei's chest. Doing so caused his SOUL to pop out and badly damage it as well. Blood dripped from the hole where the SOUL once belonged as Ralsei fell to the ground. Willow pulled the SOUL towards herself and used dark magic to split it into half.

"I'll be needing this," she said, "Ralsei, you can have the other half." She then absorbed one half and then gave the other half back to Ralsei. Willow got up. I looked around and noticed the absence of Frisk and Henry.

"Where's Frisk?" I asked concerned. Willow smirked.

"I killed her," she said, "It's crucial for me." I gasped with sadness in my heart.

"You killed Frisk?!" I said, "How could you?" Tears ran down my eyes. My sadness slowly turned to anger. I pointed my sword at Willow.

"You will die for what you've done!" I shouted.

"Wait no!" Chara shouted as I started swinging the Chaos Saber at Willow, "That's what she wants you to do. She's trying to fill you with Hatred." I stopped and turned to Chara. My face was wet with tears.

"We need to pull back," she said, "Only Love can beat her, and you are using Hatred to attack her.

"But, she killed Frisk," I said, "How am I supposed to feel about that? I can never forgive her for what she did." Chara walked over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Maybe not," she said, "But you need to be conscious of your feelings. Let's hold back. I know Willow is holding back as well."

"This is very touching," Willow said sarcastically, "I could almost cry, but it's too bad you guys have to die now." She dashed at us holding her scythe tightly. As she was about to swing, however, she stopped and coughed up more colored liquid, this time being dark purple.

"My Envy!" she said, "It's running out! Looks like you guys win this time, but I'll be back. After all, I have the SOUL of Fear with me now." She smiled creepily as she teleported away. Ionia walked over to us.

"That was some fabulous fighting you did," she said, "But for now, let's go back to Topolla Theater. Henry needs to be restored." My face nervously pulled back.

"Where's Henry?" I asked.

"Don't worry darling," Ionia said, "He's just fine. He's Star Fairy, so his SOUL will restore him back to his normal form."

"Oh, okay," I said calmly, "Let's go back to Topolla now." Then, the few of us headed to Topolla Theater. I felt a huge ache of sadness on my shoulders while we were walking there.