Chapter 12: Battle Between Kindness and Hatred

(Perspective: Henry)

By the time we got to the City of Fourside, the invasion hadn’t started yet, but I got the uneasy feeling that it would be soon. I felt Willow’s presence nearby.

“Frisk, I think I know where she is,” I said, “Let’s go to the football stadium.”

“Are you sure she’s there?” Frisk asked, “What if she’s somewhere else?”

“If Willow wants to pick a fight with us, she’ll choose a location that’s big and open,” I explained, “Come on.” We ran as fast as we could towards the stadium. As we were running, I observed the severe lack of people outside.

Looks like Ionia put the place in lockdown, I thought.

Shortly after arriving at the stadium, I noticed the giant padlock over the gate, blocking us from entering. I cast a beam of light at it to knock the doors down.

“Wait, that’s vandalism,” Frisk said.

“It doesn’t matter at this point,” I told her, “What matters is defeating Willow for once and for all.” Frisk shrugged her shoulders.

“Fair enough,” she responded. Then, we ran inside the stadium. Willow was standing at the other end, stroking her scythe.

“So, you finally came,” she said, “And you brought me my favorite SOUL Color. Pink!”

“Willow, what you’re doing is wrong!” I shouted at her, “Why are you trying to end humanity and monster kind entirely?”

“Because that’s what my purpose is,” Willow answered, “You and I very well know why Darkmoon created me. I was meant to destroy. It was my only purpose. And to think that I could be anything I wanted to be was foolish! Ever since that day that I lost my one true love. Monster kind committed a sin. Therefore they must not live.”

“Is that so?” I asked, “Or are you just afraid that monsters will defeat you, knowing that your weakness is the one trait monsters have?”

“Shut up!” Willow snapped, “I must wipe out monster kind! It was originally to make sure they never lived in peace, but thanks to Asriel, humans now live on the surface.”

“Your actions and intentions don’t make sense,” Frisk asked, “If you didn’t want them to live in peace, you would’ve been more secret about your identity and not get super involved.” Willow smiled evilly.

“You’re the one to talk, Penelope!” she said. I gasped.

“You don’t mean that Frisk is actually Penelope, do you?” I asked. Frisk looked over to me.

“Henry, I’m sorry I lied to you,” she said. She then transformed back into Penelope. Her hair was pink and tied into two pigtails that stood on top of her head. She wore a pink top and skirt in the classic Star Fairy uniform.

“Y-You’re the SOUL of Fear,” I said, “I thought you were dead. And aren’t you working for Willow?” Penelope shook her head.

“I’ve changed,” she told me, “I’m not the evil little girl I used to be. Our princess taught me to be good. And I think I can help you.”

“Alright,” I said, “I’d never thought the SOUL of Fear could become good.” Willow growled at us.

“Shut up, would you?!” she shouted, “If you’re here to fight me, then fight me!” She raised up her arm and cast lightning at me. I stabbed my staff in the ground and used it to absorb the lightning.

“You still have a lot to learn,” I told her, “I’m Kindness. My power is mostly meant for healing. As a bonus, any attack you throw at me will be healed. Kindness is stronger than Hatred.” Penelope then summoned twin swords with pink handles.

“I may be the SOUL of Fear, but after learning a bit from our Princess, I am also the SOUL of Love,” Penelope said, “I stand a stronger chance against you now than I ever had before.” Willow chuckled a bit in an evil manor.

“You think Kindness and Love can defeat me?!” she said, “I have help from the 6 negative SOULs I harnessed from our fallen brothers and sisters!” She revealed six SOULs from her arsenal and they surrounded her.

“I’m pretty sure Love and Kindness can’t counter every trait,” she said, “You don’t stand a chance against me.”

“But we might as well try,” Penelope said as she dashed at Willow.

“Deception, show me an illusion,” Willow commanded. As Penelope swung her swords at the lavender demon, Willow transformed into a bunch of bubbles, dodging the attack. She reformed nearby.

“Dang nabbit!” Penelope shouted, “That’s so unfair!”

“And neither is this!” Willow said as she swung her scythe at Penelope. She blocked it with her swords, leaving Willow open for an attack from me. I formed my wings into an X formation and cast an X-shaped air slash at Willow. Distracted by Penelope, she was unable to dodge the attack once she noticed it. The knockback from the attack launched her into the bleachers.

“Ha!” I said, “Kindness really is stronger than Hatred! How’d you like that?!” Willow jumped from off the bleachers and landed on the ground in front of me.

“Not very much,” Willow said, “Envy, drain his Kindness!” She grabbed the Dark Purple SOUL of Envy and used it to power up her scythe.

“Envy, Kindness’s opposite,” Willow stated, “This will be interesting! One strike from this thing will mean game over for you!” She jumped up and slammed her scythe into the ground, attempting to aim at me. Her terrible accuracy, left her vulnerable for another attack. Penelope dashed forward and sliced her sword at Willow, cutting off her right arm and revealing the dark purple goop of Envy keeping her together. Penelope and I gasped when we saw this.

“She’s using Envy to keep herself alive,” I said, “That’s how she’s still living. Once all of her SOULs deplete of magic, she’ll be done for.” Willow looked at me and growled angrily.

“Wrath, regenerate my arm,” she commanded. Her arm reformed back into perfect form, except it was lavender instead of her normal cream colored skin.

“Willow, this has to stop!” I said, “If you use up any more of this magic, you are going to die!”

“Who cares?!” Willow shouted, “If I die, then let me do so! You don’t care about me! I must fulfill my duty as the destroyer!” She pulled out the scythe and summoned a teal SOUL.

“Hesitation, make Henry forget about me!” she commanded. Penelope gasped and threw her sword at the SOUL, piercing it harshly and landing in the wall. Willow coughed up an unknown teal liquid. Every time one of her SOULs got shattered, she got weaker.

“Why did you to that?” Willow asked, “You know I can’t live without them!”

“Willow, it’s time you face the consequences,” I said, “You can’t go around just killing whatever you want. All life matters.”

“What’s the point of making friends with humans and monsters if you know they’re just going to die?” Willow muttered.

“What was that?” I asked her.

“What’s the point?!” Willow shouted, “Humans and monsters are born, they live, and then die. But we are cursed to live forever and ever. What’s the point of making friends with them if they’ll just die?! I made that mistake with Lance, and I see that you two have made the same mistake! Monster kind must die for what they did to him! Sloth! Slow down their movement!” Before she could summon her SOUL, I kicked her in the stomach, knocking her down to the floor.

“There’s no point,” I told her, “You’re clearly too foolish to beat us.” I turned around and walked away. Suddenly, I felt a scythe slice down by back and I proceeded to fall to the ground.

“I wouldn’t be so sure,” she said evilly, “Never let your guard down.” Penelope gasped.

“Nooo!” she screamed. I could feel my body starting to dust away. Willow laughed evilly.

“Now that I have you out of the way, my plans can go smoothly from here on out,” she stated, “Besides, this isn’t the first time you died, is it? You’ve died before.”

“Tell... Asriel... I’m sorry,” I said as my final words before dusting away. I no longer existed in this world, and probably wouldn’t for a while.
.
.
.
.
.
Or so I thought. The next thing I knew, I was lying in a pink room on a pink bed of a particular popstar.

“Good morning, Darling,” Ionia said as she served me a cup of tea.