Chapter 16: Born to be Hated

(Perspective: Willow)

I wasn't born to be loved or cherished. I was born to be hated. As I returned back to Mt. Ebott, my body felt weak. Asriel and the others dealt a lot of damage to me. Asriel's Love was stronger than my Hatred. I didn't think that was possible. It didn't matter to much though. Envy's power was draining, but I obtained the SOUL of Fear. But without Envy's power, regeneration is nearly impossible. But I wasn't going to let these negative SOULs go to waste. No, I was going to fight that goat child one last time before it's all over.

I walked through Judgement Hall and found Lucas's corpse lying on the ground. I pulled out the half SOUL I had obtained from Ralsei. Using my Hatred, I transformed the green SOUL of Kindness into a Lavender SOUL of Hatred. Lucas may have died, but he was far from finished being used in my plan. I had a plan to make him go after the one person that betrayed me. I would make him fight his own brother Ralsei. I gently placed the SOUL back inside him. About 15 seconds later, he stood up and faced me. His eyes glowed a lavender tint.

"Greetings," I said, "I am Willow. I remember that you believed anyone could change. That was, until your own brother turned against you. Now, it's time for you to get your revenge. You must wait here for him to come. And then, you'll strike him down!"

"Yes master," Lucas said evilly. My plan was almost complete. But there was one thing that worried me. If I were to die, every last bit of Hatred I created would disappear forever. I needed a vessel to carry on my legacy. It couldn't be human because they looked too much like us Star Fairies. It had to be a monster, and I knew just the one. I walked into the back room of the castle and grabbed one of the encased monster SOULs. I opened it and then took the SOUL out along with taking out my SOUL as well, which started to crack slightly. Using my Hatred and magic, I transferred all of the power from my SOUL into the monster SOUL. Now my SOUL was nothing but an empty shell. It would soon be filled up with an evil force, making me whole again.

"It's almost finished," I said to myself, "All I have to do now is-"

"Do what?!" Penelope's voice shouted. I turned around and saw a ghostly version of the pink little girl.

"How are you talking to me?" I asked her, "I killed you."

"That's not important," she responded, "I just wanted to ask you something." I raised an eyebrow.

"And what might that be?" I asked, "Why I'm doing this? I think I've made myself clear about that. I'm just following my own destiny. I was born to be hated. I'm not meant to feel love or compassion."

"But you're capable of it," Penelope clarified, "That was the mistake Darkmoon made when he created us. We are capable of destruction, but he didn't realize that giving us SOULs could make us feel love, compassion, and mercy. I remember when we fought each other when we were on opposing sides. I was siding with Envy and Darkmoon and you sided with the princess and Henry. So let me ask you this? Is this what Lance would've wanted?" Hearing the name of my deceased boyfriend filled me with an uncontrollable rage as I threw one of the SOUL containers at the ghost of Penelope. It shattered into thousands of pieces as it hit the ground.

"Don't! Ever! Mention him! Again!" I shouted as her, "My love for him was all an illusion. He was mortal, meaning he was weak! He was bound to die at some point. I, on the other hand, am cursed to live a long time. I am the SOUL of Hatred, a being of destruction and war. Now, I must finish what I started. Fourside will be invaded by the Starman and then I will challenge Asriel."

"Willow," Penelope said softly, "You don't have to do this. It's not too late to turn around and start over."

"No," I replied coldly, "There's no redemption for me. I lost that chance a long time ago. It's time for me to fight that goat child, even though I might lose." I turned away from Penelope and left the room. I teleported away and headed towards Peaceful Rest Valley.