𝙎𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙨

Two days and the pair had barely spoken. Whenever Jughead entered a room, Sweet Pea only glanced his way for more time than normally and Jughead pretty much never even looked his way. Whenever they did interact, it was just a causally, not so much awkward, hello. After Sweet Pea had left Jughead's trailer in a hurry that night, Jughead's father didn't so much do any physical damage to him. Just a lot more mental than he already had.

He wanted so badly to have hatred towards his father but he couldn't and instead hated the alcohol. At school, Sweet Pea finally decided to break the silence between the two of them. Sweet Pea waited until Jughead was alone at his locker, before lunch since he knew he'd be there. There wasn't anyone in the hallways since they were all in the cafeteria. Sweet Pea came up to Jughead, leaning on the locker beside his.

"Hey Jones." He said looking down a bit at him. Jughead was skimming through pages of a book he was reading. He'd lost his page and had absolutely no idea what page he was on. The sound of Sweet Pea's voice immediately sent butterflies downward and to his stomach. "Hey." He said glancing over at him only for a brief moment. "I appreciate you ignoring more for the past two days."

Sweet Pea said sarcastically. "I wasn't ignoring you. I just..didn't know what to say, I guess. But you didn't speak to me either." Jughead stated, causing Sweet Pea to shrug. "Yea, sorry about that. I guess I didn't really know what to say either."

And as Sweet Pea spoke, Jughead found the place in his book and placed it in his locker before closing the small door. "I get it." Jughead said softly as he leaned against his locker, looking up slightly at Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea put his back on the cold metal door of the locker and his hands in his Serpent jacket as he was no longer facing Jughead. He then bit his lip lightly before speaking again.

"Can I take you out?" He said glancing at Jughead. Jughead laughed slightly to himself. "You mean like a date?" He asked Sweet Pea. "Yea. Like a date." Sweet Pea said laughing a little to himself as well. "Sure."

Jughead said shrugging a bit. He liked that the two of them were working towards something. The thing he'd dreamt about and one of the things he'd wanted most for along time was finally happening and it didn't feel close to real. Sweet Pea took a few brief glances around the hallway before pulling Jughead into a short kiss. As Sweet Pea kissed Jughead, the euphoric feeling immediately filling his body.

It'd been a while since he'd felt that way and he honestly didn't want it to end. When the two parted, Jughead spoke up. "I think the kiss usually comes after the date." He said with his signature little small. "I know but I couldn't help it." Sweet Pea admitted as he returned the little smile.

"Do you want me to come get you or should I meet you at Pop's?" Sweet Pea asked. "I'll meet you there." Jughead replied. "Seven?" Sweet Pea questioned. "Seven." Jughead replied to confirm the time.

"I'll see you then." Sweet Pea stated, speaking with a light smile. "I'll see you then." Jughead said before Sweet Pea walked off, still with the small smile on display. Jughead watched him walk away and into the cafeteria.

When Sweet Pea was gone and he was in the hall alone, he smiled widely before putting his hands over his face to hide the red he knew his face was turning. "That did not just happen." He said quietly to himself.

When Sweet Pea walked into the cafeteria with the smile on his face, a few people stared at him. It was quite surprising to see. He then went and sat down at his usual lunch table with Toni and Fangs who were in their own conversation and a few other Serpents who were busy with their conversations.

Toni immediately noticed Sweet Pea's smile and nudged Fangs a bit to signal him to look over at Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea was staring off before noticing the pair looking at him and his smile disappeared as quickly as Jughead had plastered it on.

"What's got you smiling so hard?" Toni asked looking over at Sweet Pea. "Nothing." He replied shrugging a bit. "I bet it had something to do with Jughead." Fangs said confidently, glancing Toni's direction before looking at Sweet Pea.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This was boring. I'm sorry but it's only really a filler chapter. But there is more to come. Soon, hopefully I hope
but thank you for all of the wonderful comments you've put and thank you for voting on my book! Stay safe!