ch - 3

Damian's POV

I yelped as I was thrown to the ground .

“ again " death said . I got up grabbing my stick and lunged at him . but he easily blocked my blow .

“ don't let your senses come into your way " death said . nudging me with his stick . I sighed “ can't we take a break . we've been training since morning . it's almost dawn "  I had a feeling he was rolling his eyes .

“ we always train till dawn . what's wrong ?? you're awfully Winny today " I huffed . “ I'm not Winny . it's just that today's my birthday and I have to meet my grand father  in a few hours"

Now I was sure death was rolling his eyes “ ah , that pathetic excuse of mortal whom you don't want me kill "
Death said putting his stick on the ground .

“ don't say that . He's my grand father he loves me " I said

“ sure whatever you  say little human . now get ready . you don't want to get late "  I nodded . grateful that the training finally stopped . I knew that the meeting was in a few hour but death believed in  preparing before time .  I took a shower and changed into the green robes . when I came out of the bathroom , death was sitting on my bed . I sat down beside him and then laid down placing my head in his lap . he just stroked my hair and hummed a old tune that I loved  .

“ do you think I'll see my mother " I asked  death “ its been so long , since I last saw her "

“ I don't know little human "he answered and I pouted “ you always know everything . you just don't answer " I said frowning at him . but he just continued to humm that old tune . then a knock came at the door .
“ my lord your transport has arrived "
I heard a servant saying . I frowned and looked at the clock .

“ ah yes my lord , your mother has requested for you to arrive early . she wishes to spend some time with you first " I perked up at the mention of my mother . I was so happy . I was very happy earlier too as I was going to get out of this compound for the first time in my life . when grandfather had found out about my magic abilities , he forbid me from going any where . not even for any missions  because of this I have never killed any one in my entire life  as the assassins who would come at night to kill me would be killed by death . realizing that I haven't answered the servant I cleared my throat

  “ alright , I'll be there shortly " I said not letting my happiness shown in my voice . I heard the footsteps of the servant going away . I made sure that that the servant was far away before  getting up from death's lap with a excited cry “ I can't believe I'll meeting my mother today , I'm so happy  ! This is the best birthday ever !" I yelled happily as I hugged death's side . he  just wrapped a arm around me and squeezed “ I'm glad you're happy little human " he said

Time skip

After arriving at my destination . I saw mother waiting there for me . I jogged over to her , death following me 

“ mother " I said to her standing straight

“ Damian " she said caressing my cheek . I couldn't help but lean into her touch . it's been so long since we saw each other . 

We had a great time . we ate dinner together . as we were talking death stood in the corner listening to our conversation .  I smiled at him between my conversation with mother silently asking if he was alright . he just nodded . I turned back to mother to see a confused expression on her face . Sometimes I forget that only I can see death .

Time skip

It was finally time to see grand father.  I kneeled before him as death stood at my side .
“ you wanted to see me grand father " I asked .
“ yes , grandson . it's. time you finally fulfill your purpose " he said sitting on his throne . I furrowed my brows in confusion .

“ for you to be my vessel " I looked at him shocked ‘ what !' I thought . I looked. at mother to see a shocked expression on her face meaning she didn't know .

“ you see grand son , the pit could heal only so much  . there will be a time when the pit could not heal me . you were born for this purpose  grand son " he said

I felt anger , so much anger . but not mine .

Death was furious