Skipping School

Natasha's POV
I slowly began to wake up, taking note of Uncle Nicks voice arguing with someone. I sat up, still groggy. I looked at the calendar, realizing that it had been 2 days since the man said the trigger word that makes me blackout for an unspecified amount of time. My record is 2 months. My other record is 1 hour. I tried standing, just to see Uncle Nick, sir me back down. "Sit down, Natalia." I looked around and realized he was arguing with Pepper. She saw me up, and came running over. "Nat! You're okay! Oh my gosh, thank goodness. Don't worry, we caught the man, he's in containment." I realized we were at my house. "Uncle Nick, why are we at home?" He sighed. "It's the only off the grid location that was away from SHIELD too. We have to keep you safe after this." I nodded. "When can I go back to school?" "Tomorrow. For now you're staying in bed and resting up." "No offense, but I think I've rested long enough." He nodded. "Fine. Your bags are in the car."
As soon as I got back, I noticed people looking at me, almost scared. "What's going on?" Uncle Nick sighed. "The only way to explain what happened was to tell everyone about your past. The only people who understood were the ones you talked to during training, who we've decided will be the Avengers, along with you, Pepper understood, and surprisingly so did Barnes." I nodded. "Wait who's Barnes?" I asked, confused. "James Buchanan Barnes. Known by some as Bucky. He was surprisingly understanding about it." That name seems familiar, but I need a face to go with it. "Let me y'all to all of them. Including Pepper and Bucky." He nodded. "Will the students chosen for the Avengers Initiative, along with Pepper Potts and James Barnes please report to Headmaster Fury's office"
10 minutes later the door opened, revealing Tony, Thor, Bruce, Steve, Clint, Pepper, and Bucky. I looked at Bucky's metal arm, noticing the red star. That's when it all clicked. I turned and walked away, hearing Uncle Nick call for me. As I walked away I looked into a mirror, seeing their different reactions. Tony, Pepper, Thor, and Bruce were confused, Steve and Clint were looking at each other guiltily, while Bucky was looking at me, with sadness in his eyes. I walked into Maria's office, sat down, took a few deep breaths, then stood up, and looked for Maria.

I found her walking the halls, calling my name. "Nat! There you are. Your Uncle is trying to find you." I looked at her with tears in my eyes. "You knee didn't you?" "Knew what? All I know is that some Hydra goon said a word, you passed out for 2 days, and then Nick told me to find you. Said you took one look at James and walked away." "James is my Soldat." I whispered. She gasped and hugged me. "Come on. There's a Starbucks nearby, let's go get some coffee and calm down. Yeah?" I nodded and let her lead me to her car.

On the way there she called Nick. "Hey, I have her. We're going to get some coffee and calm down. No. No. Nick we aren't coming back. I don't care. Nick just- Nick- NICK just get Coulson to do it. You knew didn't you." I heard a sigh and a muffled yes from the other side. She looked at me apologetically. "We aren't coming back. That's final. We're gonna be gone for a few hours. Don't come looking. Bye." She hung up and turned to me as she pulled into the Starbucks. "What do you want to drink? My treat." I smiled at her. "Triple mocha frappuccino. Venti sized." She nodded and ordered our coffee. After we got it, we decided to walk around Central Park for a while to clear our heads.

Around 7 we decided that we should head back. After we pulled in, I walked straight to my dorm, skipping dinner since Maria took me to Panera's. I put on my pajamas, got in bed, and tried to sleep, ignoring everything else going on. When I realized I couldn't, I decided to go back to a bad habit. I brought out my handcuffs, and cuffed my left hand to my bedpost, just like they did in the Red Room. I eventually fell asleep, but not before hearing Pepper enter, saying," Oh Nat. What happened to you?"