Chapter 7

Most of the beginning of the New Year was uneventful. They had rung in the New Year with the Malfoys, Ray, and Albert, the Lestrange brothers electing to spend theirs picking up women. They had a great time, with a big dinner and a little bit of dancing. The twins knocked out early so after they were put to bed did they really start partying. They certainly paid for it in the morning that was for sure.

The days after were spent cleaning up the house of all decorations and starting on cleaning the ballroom for the wedding reception. There was a lot of work to be done. But for now, they let the house elves do their cleaning while Harry and Tom did what was next on the list that Hermione had set out for them. When they had first got it they had been a little annoyed. Hermione had planned everything they had to do to the T, right down to the time they said 'I do.' But now they were feeling grateful for the list, it kept them on track.

They had set the date for the wedding in April on the 22 at 10 am. The reception would begin at noon and on until...well, until when everyone left. Before Christmas, they had picked out the invitations and the guest list had been made out and sent to Hermione so that she could make them up. She then sent them back to see how they liked it and they were ready to be sent out. Tom had met with a Ministry Official to schedule him for the wedding, so that was now done. Now next on the list that Harry had been looking forward to cake testing.

"Come on, my kittens, into your basket," Harry directed his children who were jumping around excitedly at the prospect of going out.

"Harry, love you forgot something."

Harry turned around at the sound of Tom's voice and saw what he was holding. "Hehe. I forgot," he said sheepishly holding his hand out.

"I can see that," Tom said placing the small bottle into his hand, "You don't want to get pregnant again do you?"

"Yes," Harry said in all seriousness.

Tom smiled and scratched at his ears, "Right now?"

"...no..." he said coyly swaying side to side.

Tom chuckled and placed a kiss on his forehead, "Then take your potion."

"Okay," he said and downed the blue potion while Tom placed the kittens into their basket, "Mmm blueberry," he said smacking his lips. "We'll be back later Ray," he said handing him the empty bottle, "Hold down the fort while we're gone."

"Will do," Ray said with a smile.

"Have everything?" Tom asked as he helped Harry into his jacket.

"Yup," he said picking up the twins' basket.

"Then let's be off."

xxx

"Here try this one."

"What is it?"

"Chocolate with banana filling," Harry answered and held up the fork. "What do you think?"

"It's good."

Harry sighed, "That's what you said about the last four."

"Well, what can I say? They're all delicious."

"That's true," Harry said thoughtfully looking at all the pieces of cake that were laid out for them. "I didn't think this would be so hard."

"Take your time. There is plenty to choose from," Melinda, the baker said.

"That's the problem," Tom commented, picking up another plate, "What is this one?"

"Marble with cherries."