Chapter 9

"I don't know why you all had to come," Ron said irritably as the group of ten walked up the sloping driveway.

"We just wanted to see where Harry's been living," Fred said simply.

"No need to get your knickers in a twist," George added.

"Could have just waited until the wedding," Ron muttered.

"That's enough of that," Mrs. Weasley scolded, "I want all of you to be on your best behavior."

"Yes Mum," they chorused.

"Why do we have to come out this far anyway?" Ginny asked.

"Not all of you are keyed into the wards," Hermione explained, "Only Ron and I, and you now, are."

"Oh. I guess that makes sense."

"Yes, but I haven't really seen the front side of it before."

"Me neither," Ron said.

"Why not?" Ginny asked.

"We were 'kidnapped,' remember?"

"Oh, that's right," Ginny said thoughtfully.

"We had no reason to go out to the front, but we've seen the back," Hermione said, "Beautiful garden. Harry said that is where he wants the wedding."

"What was that?" Bill asked, freezing on the spot.

"What was what?" Ron asked.

"It was...was...it was like..." Bill stammered, struggling for a word.

"A chill going down your spine?" Remus asked, "I felt it too."

"Us too," Fred and George said simultaneously.

"It was probably the wards," Hermione commented dismissively.

"So he knows we're here?" Tonks asked suspiciously.

"Of course. This is the Dark Lord we're talking about," Ron stated, "Well, ex-Dark Lord now."

"I still can't believe Harry's getting married to him of all people," Molly whispered more to herself than to anyone else.

"You can't help who you fall in love with," Hermione said simply.

"True," Remus said with a sigh.

"Whoa!" Fred and George exclaimed as they came around the bend.

"What? Oh wow!" Tonks gasped as she and the others gazed upon the magnificent manor before them.

"It's beautiful," Molly whispered softly and the others agreed as they set their eyes on the building before them that was Riddle Manor.

They had thought that the grounds were big, with all its luscious green grass and big full trees here and there, but no. When they saw the house, it was huge! It was three stories high and had to be at least two Quidditch fields in length, and that was only the front of what they could see. The outside was a soft grayish color; large white trimmed windows decorated the front, showing the numerous rooms that were inside. Vines were growing up the sides, some of them obscuring the windows on the first floor and big full oak trees that grew every few feet and around the corner of the house. And flowers too. Roses mostly of every shade. From what they could see on the slanted roof, there seemed to be about five fireplaces to keep them warm during the winter season. It seemed to be a very old house but was amazingly well kept. The road they were on traveled onward and curved around a beautiful water fountain of some Greek god. Beyond the fountain was a set of stairs leading up to a grand door, and as they got closer it opened, emitting the person that they were here to see.