The Greaser Gang

Ana POV

I spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking, sorting my stuff out and had plans to try and sleep off my jetlag while Darry was being thoroughly scrutinized by a state service woman in the living room. When she was finally done I emerged to find Darry cracking open a beer.

"Bit stressed?"I laughed nodding at it, "No need."

"I know," said Darry, "I'm not entirely sure she's pleased but she's not coming back until you're one year trial period ends."

"Thank god for that," I said flopping onto the couch, "I can relax now."

"That's a comfy couch right?" said Darry, "Every Greaser in this area has used it if they need a place to crash for the night."

"That's so cool," I said, "You're all close right?"

"Yeah we're all mates," he said sitting down next to me.

"I think that's nice," I said, "That never happened back in England."

"It's different here," he said, "You'll get used to it."

"I'm sure," I said yawning and stretching my arms.

"Sleep," he advised, "I'll wake you up when the gang arrives."

"Ok," I yawned lying down on the couch and closing my eyes and surprisingly within a few minutes I was fast asleep.

I heard vague shouting which slowly became clearer as I opened my eyes hearing it properly. I sat up listening, hearing the noise outside; I shoved my shoes on and walked to the door rubbing my eyes. I peered through the glass and spotted a crowd of teenage boys dressed in white pants and jumpers surrounding what looked like Ponyboy lying on the ground. I was about to storm out and help when out of nowhere Greasers ran towards them from all directions and began to prise them off him. I recognised Dally, Darry and Soda amongst them but there were a few unfamiliar faces, including a smaller boy with dark hair standing further back watching. I got the impression he didn't like fighting and was standing by, like I was from the window. Suddenly a Soc (I presumed) broke away from the group and began attacking the smaller boy literally pinning him to the ground. I watched horrified as it didn't seem like any of the other gang members had spotted him but when I caught the flash of a blade I decided to step in. I wrenched the door open and charged outside towards them.

"Hey!" I shouted, "Get away from him!"

My shouting seemed to alert the other Greasers as they all stopped for a second apart from Dally who charged towards the boy and began to attack the older one ferociously. He obviously cared a great deal and prised the other one off him in only a matter of seconds. The other Socs', clearly surprised, leapt into an old fashioned Mustang and drove off with half the other Greasers charging after them until they turned the corner.

As the chaos calmed down attention slowly began fixing on me as all the Greaser gang pretty much formed a line and stared at me. They were all taller than me, some by a great deal, but all had distinctive hair gel in various shapes through their hair.

"Boys," said Dally slapping an arm around my shoulder, "Remember my sis, Ana?"

They all nodded at me, "This," continued Dally, "Is Steve and Johnny," he pointed to the only two I didn't recognise.

I looked over at a tall boy in a dx shirt, "Hey Ana," he said friendlily and I smiled back.

Johnny barely looked at me from underneath his dark hair but I caught a glimpse of shiny dark eyes and he nodded politely so I nodded back.