Chapter: 3

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Rick Riordan does.

Annabeth's P.O.V

As if being blind wasn't bad enough. Percy had left her and went. He had left her to rot and die. She still couldn't believe it. So why did he fall in Tartarus with her? Just to make a big show of it? Just to complete the prophecy?

Unfortunately, her mind told her that she was right.

She heard some voices, though they seemed far-away, and muffled.

"P-Percy?" she tried again. "Are you there?" She tried flinging her arms around, "Why did you leave me?"

No reply.

She sat on the ground, tears streaming out of her face. "Why did you leave me Percy?" She wailed. "Because I'm blind now? Or did you just never love me?"

(A/N: Why am I crying writing this? I think it's because I know what happens next, being the Author. *attempts an evil laugh* *makes dying horse sounds instead* You know what? I'm gonna go practice my evil laugh so that when the time comes, I'll be ready.)

She heard some voices but it sounded muffled.

'You will pay the price of the suffering you caused. Go. Search for him. Let's see if he listens to your pleas for help.'

She heard someone yelling at her, but for some reason the voice was muffled.

Immediately she heard the crunch of the arai disintegrating. Bob? Percy? 

"Percy!" She yelled, a little of hopefulness in her voice. "You there?"

He has abandoned you. Stop with that fake hope. He left you. Who wouldn't leave a blind girl, unable to defend herself? The back of her mind spoke. And sadly, it was true. Who would stay with a girl who can't see or defend herself? She was probably a burden for him.

Percy's P.O.V

Percy attacked the arai. He slashed across trees which crushed the arai. His thoughts were starting to be filled with hopefulness when the arai surrounded him. He was about to slash his way through them and hope he did get any bad curses when a voice made him stop.

"Percy... So was everything fake? When you held my hand and kissed me- was that fake? When you fell in Tartarus with me? Was that all just a show? Was it all fake? Or do you hate me? Are you over here just silently laughing at me? I don't know about you, but I can't live without you... I can't live without you Percy." Annabeth whispered.

Tears threatened to spill on Percy's face. He couldn't bear to see her like this. Then he yelled in rage and started slashing through the arai. He didn't care about curses anymore- he wouldn't let anything happen to Annabeth.

As he slashed through the arai, he inched towards Annabeth. He went close enough to protect her, and far enough so that she wouldn't appear anywhere else. He wouldn't let anything happen to her. If he did, he would probably never forgive himself.

As he fought and curses rained down on him, each time he killed an arai, a feeling of dread settled around him. Some curses were painful, like a stab in the stomach or something, while some were not-so painful like a twitch in the eye.

I mean, seriously- who curses someone in their dying breath with I hope your left eye twitches uncontrollably.

There were some voices, but they all were a blur. Most of the time he was slashing across trees, so that he wouldn't get the curses; but when the arai surrounded him, he just slashed through each of them.

Luckily, the arai completely forgot about Annabeth and were hell bent on killing Percy. (A/N: You get the pun? hell bent? xD) So far, Percy was winning.

.

.

.

.

~~~

.

.

.

Which was until he heard the blood curdling scream.

Annabeth P.O.V

(Before the 'Blood Curdling Scream')

Annabeth had no idea what was going on around her. She heard the sound of... arai disintegrating? She didn't know. All she knew was that Percy left her in this wasteland. Had he reached the door of death? She had no idea. But he definitely left her. Otherwise, by now he would have been holding her hand, reassuring her, telling her that at least they were together- that they would be okay.

She felt something move towards her, an arai probably. She dodged it and hit it's head with a rock. The arai disintegrated, but nothing happened.

"What's the curse? Nothing happened.." She murmured.

' It will come in time. Time......'

(A/N: Any guesses for what the curse is? And I'm sorry - not- because I'm gonna leave it on a cliffhanger)