Chapter: 21

Chapter 21

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Rick Riordan does.

----------

Calypso had seen weird things. She'd seen cruel things. She'd seen confusing things. But a glowing-green Apollo beat all the things she'd seen.

"Apollo?" Artemis questioned, both annoyance and confusion in her voice, "If this is another one of your pranks..."

Then, Apollo said something, but not in his voice. It was a deep and much more ancient voice that spoke instead:

"Silver arrows strike at no notice,

War begins with the goddess's sleep,

As the fire extinguishes in her keep."

After that, the green smoke dissolved, and as if in a trance Apollo went back to his Ferrari a.k.a. his Sun Chariot, and continued his journey across the sky.

The hunters stood stunned, and even Artemis lowered her bow. Calypso then realised something and started murmuring under her breath, "First Prophecy: One shall venture alone, Meets two more only to fall in the dome, Encounter will, one who is lost, But to win the war, find they must, The one who's eyes show the storm, Or in consequence flame be crushed, The fire is lost as the land reforms, Hope be left on the hopeless, Rather than the world becomes breathless. Second Prophecy: Silver arrows strike at no notice, War begins with the goddess's sleep, As the fire extinguishes in her keep."

"Can't be a coincidence," She continued, and then faced Artemis, "I'll just add that for the first time, two prophecies have started at once. One of them being particularly short."

The goddess shook her head, "No, that is not possible. But.... it could be one prophecy split into different parts."

Then that's one hell of a prophecy, she thought, but she kept it to herself.

"Well... It was nice meeting you." Without a second thought, she bolted, not giving the hunters any time to react.

----------

Along the ride, he and Percy discussed the prophecy. Percy's hopes lifted up at the line, Encounter will, one who is lost, and Leo couldn't blame him.

But seriously, Leo did not like how all the references to fire in the prophecy were about death-y stuff.

Also, he didn't plan on staying in camp, but that could come up later. Maybe he'd tell them when he came back.

He excused himself to do some quick adjustments to Festus, and went in Bunker 9. He took a deep breath in, and for the first time in weeks, didn't mess up on his projects.

Every time he lost concentration and thought about Calypso, he reminded himself of his plan. Sure, it went wrong on the first try, but, second time's the charm.

Soon enough, it was midnight, and Festus was completely repaired and had even gotten some new features. He rubbed his hands together excitedly.

"Okay, bud, it's time to start our awesome plan. If you don't mind I'm just gonna shrink you and..." He pressed a button causing Festus to fold into a suitcase, and continue folding into a small pouch, "I'll just keep you in my tool belt, so hopefully you'll be alright."

Once he was done with that, he exited the bunker through the back exit that he'd found a month ago.

He opened the door, but saw Percy leaning on the side of the exit, in a camp T-shirt, black jeans, and a dark-coloured hoodie, as if he were waiting for him.