Chapter: 20

Chapter 20

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Rick Riordan does.

The prophecy:

One shall venture alone,

Meets two more only to fall in the dome,

Encounter will, one who is lost,

But to win the war, find they must,

The one who's eyes show the storm,

Or in consequence flame be crushed,

The fire is lost as the land reforms,

Hope be left on the hopeless,

Rather than the world becomes breathless

----------

She looked down at the mortals, scoffing at their foolishness. Her plan was almost complete, and when it would be.... The prophecy would dance to her tunes this time, not theirs.

----------

They left Sally Jackson's house by car, and Will volunteered to drive. Nico called shotgun, so Leo and Percy sat in the backseat. As he drove, Nico muttered something in Italian, "Qualcosa è sbagliato."

During his time in Camp Half-Blood, Will had learnt Italian, which meant that he and Nico could talk in Italian.

"C'è una ragione per cui Leo se n'è andato così, qualcosa che ha a che fare con la profezia," Nico continued.

"Non lo so, luce del sole," He replied, "Ma penso che la profezia sia iniziata. Forse: non ne sono sicuro. Leo e Percy sono due persone, il che si riferisce alla seconda riga della profezia. Ma non hanno incontrato chi è menzionato nella prima riga. Ma davvero non ne ho idea. Potrebbe essere una coincidenza."

Nico snorted, "Parli un italiano terribile, Solace. Perché dovresti tradurre 'Sunshine' in italiano?"

He blushed as he stopped the car at a red light, "Shut up."

His boyfriend did not shut up, "Comunque, hai ragione. Potrebbe esserci una possibilità che la profezia sia iniziata, quindi è dannatamente meraviglioso. Ora, niente più discorsi deprimenti per favore."

Will chuckled, "Sure, whatever you say."

The light turned green, and soon enough, he could see Camp Half-Blood in the distance. He definitely saw a few cyclops, but he drove fast enough for them to give up attacking. That concerned Will. If monsters just didn't attack first upon seeing demigods, it meant they were waiting for something special to happen, or they could just have already been happy. Or... A cold feeling washed over him.

They could have been forced to do that. When he'd seen a few cyclops while he was driving, they looked like they wanted to attack. But it seemed as if someone was... controlling them.

They reached Camp Half-Blood, and got out of the car, parking it right outside of the borders.

"Neeks..." he began, "What if... Che cosa se qualcosa o qualcuno stava controllando i mostri?"

Nico seemed to understand what he meant. "Speriamo solo che quello che penso non sia vero."

Percy and Leo were in some sort of discussion, which was probably why one of them hadn't interrupted their conversation. They stopped once they reached.

"Isn't this the dramatic moment where Percy and I stare in awe and make some inspiring lines about home?" Leo asked.

Percy was about to answer but Nico interrupted him, "Seriously, there's no need for that."