Chapter: 4

Annabeth's P.O.V

(Still before the 'blood curdling scream' [A/N: I'm mentally laughing from the way I wrote 'Blood curdling scream.'])

"What?" She asked. She was really confused and hated not knowing things. Her thoughts were foggy.

'When the Time Lord was sent back to Tartarus, he cursed the you since it was your dagger which killed him. He cursed you that when you are in danger, there will be no one to protect you. Perseus won't be able to do anything about it.'

"Like there is anyone anyways." She muttered bitterly.

And like that, the fight continued. She kept on dodging arai who advanced towards her, though she couldn't place a hit on them; which was kinda good. Her mind kept dwelling on the arai's words- there will be no one to protect you. Perseus won't be able to do anything about it. That pretty much canceled that microscopic amount of hope that Percy was still there.

After about 20 seconds, (she had no idea how she knew) an arai grabbed her arm from behind. She elbowed it's stomach and smashed it's head with a punch. It disintegrated into golden dust. Her foot immediately started bleeding badly.

She didn't have any time to think about it, since another arai approached- she still couldn't see, but she could sense the movement. She quickly ran (actually, limped) a few steps in another direction.

Silence.

The silence would be calming, but with Percy gone it was disturbing. She held the rock in her hand, her thoughts racing.

There is no point to live, everyone has abandoned you. The back of her mind said. Anyway, you wouldn't get out of Tartarus. Kill yourself- it would be a much less painful death.

Annabeth wasn't sure what to do, she didn't have Percy- but maybe just maybe, she could get out of this place. Maybe Bob would help.

So she just sat down. She wanted to do something to get out of Tartarus, but she couldn't. She couldn't even see. And besides, she had still not recovered from the fact that Percy left her.

She heard an Arai approaching, but she didn't move. I'm useless anyway, nobody would care if anything happens to me. Might as well die.

Once the arai stabbed her, she immediately screamed.

Percy's P.O.V

The scream made him stop in his tracks, because he recognized it- Annabeth's.

When he stopped fighting he realised that Bob was fighting too, though this time there were curses affecting him. He had many scratches and stabs on him, though they were healing.

When he looked around, he saw Annabeth, in a pool of blood. He quickly ran towards her, though time seemed to be slowing down. More and more blood pooled around her- too much actually.

Though luckily, this time when he reached towards her she didn't appear anywhere else - apparently her curses had went away, so she could see him.

"Percy?" She croaked. "You never left me?"

"I would never leave you." Percy whispered as tears streamed down his face.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "I'll be waiting for you in Elysium. No matter how long it takes."

"No you're not dying. Not on my watch." Bob had come next to him- he touched her and her wounds healed, though she still looked pale.

"Too much blood. Organs destroyed. Annabeth will die." Bob said regret in his eyes. "Sorry Percy. Bob didn't help you. Sorry."