Chapter: 2

(A/N: I know it might be annoying for some people that I'm not writing proper chapter names but seriously I have no idea how to name the chapters so I'm just gonna type the chapter number)

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. Rick Riordan does. Also the title picture of the story is not mine. I just took those pics from the internet, joined them and ya...

Percy's P.O.V 

"Left!" Percy dragged Annabeth with him, slicing the arai in his path. He probably brought down a dozen curses on himself, but he didn't feel them right away, so he kept running.

As they ran past one of the black trees, he slashed his sword across the trunk. He heard it topple, followed by the satisfying crunch of several dozen arai as they were smashed flat.

Soon the darkness against them became thicker. Percy realised what it meant just in time. He grabbed Annabeth right before they both fell off the cliff.

"What?" she cried. "What is it?"

"Cliff," he gasped. "Big cliff."

"Which way, then?"

Percy didn't know how far the cliff dropped. It could be ten feet, or a thousand. So two options: left or right, following the edge.

He was about to choose randomly when a arai descended in front of him.

' Did you have a nice walk?'

(A/N: oH lOOKie, the Arai is being sASSy)

The arai poured out of the woods, making a crescent around them. One grabbed Annabeth's arm. She wailed in rage, judo-flipping the monster and dropping on it's neck, putting her full body weight into an elbow strike that would've made any pro-wrestler proud.

The demon dissolved, but when Annabeth got to her feet, she looked stunned and afraid as well as blind.

"Percy?" she called, panic creeping into her voice.

"I'm right here." He tried placing his hand on her shoulder but she wasn't standing where she thought. He tried again, only to find that she was several feet further away.

"Percy!" Annabeth's voice cracked. "Why did you leave me?"

" I didn't! " He turned on the arai, his arms shaking with anger. "What did you do to her?"

'We did nothing. Your beloved has unleashed a special curse- a bitter thought from someone you abandoned. You punished an innocent soul by leaving her in solitude. Now her most hateful wish has come to pass: Annabeth feels her despair. She too, will perish alone and abandoned.'

"Percy?" Annabeth spread her arms, trying to find him. The arai backed up, letting her stumble blindly through their ranks. They obviously enjoyed her misery.

"Who did I abandon?" Percy demanded. "I never-"

Suddenly his stomach felt like it had dropped off the cliff. The words rand in his head: An innocent soul. Alone and abandoned. He remembered an island, a cave lit with soft glowing crystals, a dinner table on the beach tended by invisible air spirits.

"She wouldn't," he mumbled. "She'd never curse me."

(A/N: So... How'd you like it? In the next chapter things will change a little bit...

 *cruel laugh*

The kind part of my brain: OH NO! The Uncle Rick Evilness Disease [URED] is spreading!!

URED: MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!

.......

I know i'm weird... 

...)