Chapter: 9

Chapter 9

(a/n:

*dodges knives*

*hides behind table to save myself from gunshots*

*deflects spells with mirror*

I'M SO SO SO SORRY FOR A LATE UPDATE.

ITS JUST THAT I SHIFTED IN A NEW SCHOOL.

PLEASE SPARE ME.

AND ALSO.

NEW UPDATE TIMETABLE:

IF I DON'T UPDATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, PLEASE SPAM ME OR SOMETHING SO I REMEMBER.

OKAY, THIS IS IT.

HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER.)

Leo's P.O.V.

He quickly pushed those thoughts aside: he had no time for self-pity. He had to get off the island and make sure the rest of the 7 are safe.

"So....?" He asked the girl.

"Any minute now...."

We waited for one more minute in silence- no magic raft.

"Maybe it got stuck in traffic." Leo suggested.

"This is wrong." She glared at the sky. "This is completely wrong!"

"So ... plan B?" Leo asked. "You got a phone, or –"

"Agh!' The girl turned and stormed inland. When she got to the footpath, she sprinted into the grove of trees and disappeared.

"Okay," Leo said. "Or you could just run away."

From his tool-belt pouches he pulled some rope and a snap hook, then fastened the Archimedes sphere to his belt.

He looked out to sea. Still no magic raft.

He could stand here and wait, but he was hungry, thirsty and tired. He was banged up pretty bad from his fall.

He didn't want to follow that crazy girl, no matter how good she smelled.

On the other hand, he had no place else to go. The girl had a dining table, so she probably had food. And she seemed to find Leo's presence annoying.

Annoying her is a plus. He decided.

He followed her into the hills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Holy Hephaestus." Leo muttered in awe.

The path opened into the nicest garden Leo had ever seen. Not that he had spent a lot of time in gardens, but dang. On the left was an orchard and a vineyard – peach trees with red-golden fruit that smelled awesome in the warm sun, carefully pruned vines bursting with grapes, bowers of flowering jasmine and a bunch of other plants Leo couldn't name.

On the right were neat beds of vegetables and herbs, arranged like spokes around a big sparkling fountain where bronze satyrs spewed water into a central bowl.

At the back of the garden, where the footpath ended, a cave opened on the side of a grassy hill.

Compared to Bunker Nine back at camp, the entrance was tiny, but it was impressive in its own way.

On either side, crystalline rock had been carved into glittering Grecian columns. The tops were fitted with a bronze rod that held silky white curtains.

Leo's nose was assaulted by good smells – cedar, juniper, jasmine, peaches and fresh herbs. The aroma from the cave really caught his attention – like beef stew cooking.