16 - Haddocks

Frost's smile didn't falter as he looked to the room they were in. Nuffink stared at him while he discovered his bedroom. The viking knew it by heart, so he rathered loose his gaze on the boy who had captured said heart. He noticed how the blue eyes sparkled then squinted. The boy was looking at the one wall of the room completely covered which sketches and other papers.

Nuffink remembered Frost had been marveled with everything the viking had showed him, which gave him an idea. As the boy couldn't see these drawings without standing – which he was unable to do for now – the viking decided to show him some others. He turned to the nightstand and pulled a book out of it, opening it and putting it on the boy's lap.

''What is this ?'' Said boy asked, eyes sparkling even more.

The viking chuckled and pointed a finger to the island located on the center of the map.

''New Berk. We're here. On this map, you can see some of the region but I didn't took the time to connect it to the previous map I showed you.''

Frost hummed and nodded, his eyes enough to say how much he was interested in this map. Nuffink chuckled again and found him so adorable he wanted to plant a kiss on his snowy hair, but he held himself back from doing so. Though he wouldn't have the time to do it at all as the door opened. Both young men looked up to see Pouncer enter. The dragon seemed hesitant at first, then he beamed when seeing Frost awake.

''Hey !'' The former-merman chirped.

Pouncer, true to his name, started pouncing towards them and Frost opened his arms to hug him. The dragon bumped a bit too harshly on him, the bed whined loudly and the viking started while his best friend was garbling and rubbing his head against Frost's, making him laugh as he was being tosled. The viking sighed with a happy smile and listened to the melodic laugh he had so missed for the past days.

Then the dragon licked the merman's cheek, covering it with slubber. Frost jumped back and accidently dropped the map before slipping from the bed. Half his face was covered with sticky slubber, running down his neck and onto the red tunic he was wearing. His hair was not doing better. While Nuffink was used to see it damped with a few spikes, once dry Frost's hair was a wild, windswept mess. Nuffink got up and tried to push his over-excited dragon.

''Sorry about that, granted he couldn't do it beforehand since you were always in the water, but he loves doing this. He's just affectionate, Dart too actually.''

''Then I'll take this as his affection mark.'' Frost laughed. Though the sound faded as he put his hand on his wet cheek, his face distorted in disgust. He tried to wipe it but ended up with a dribber of slubber linking his cheek to his palm. ''Eww... How do you get rid of this ?''

He shook his hand, trying to drop it, but it was really sticky. Nuffink chuckled and picked up a cloth of his, he kneeled in front of his friend and used the fabric to gently wipe his face. He had not thought of it, but he got really conscious of it when he met Frost's puzzled eyes, and it made him embarrassed. He blushed and wanted to apologize, though Frost smirked.

''I know I just arrived in your world, but you don't need to treat me like a child.''

Nuffink smiled and pinched his nose. ''Then stop acting so cute.'' He teased.

Another chuckle came from the pale thin lips, warming up the viking's heart. He shook his head and held back again from kissing him in the hair, instead he offered his hands and helped him on his feet. Frost still couldn't stand on his own but it seemed like it was a bit better.

They sat back on the bed and Pouncer rested his head on the boy's lap, asking for some petting, which the former-merman gladly gave him. It reminded Nuffink of Frost's interactions with the small beluga, and visibly Frost thought about it too as his smile faded.