21 - From a surprise to another one

''So,'' Nuffink stated. ''I counted twenty-three Timberjacks, five Scauldrons, one Thunderdrum and two Night Lights.''

After their flight in the late afternoon, Nuffink and Frost had went back to this nearby island where they had kissed for the first time. They were sitting in the grass, surrounded by Pouncer and Ruffrunner.

Frost didn't know why the black and white dragon had tagged along, but still he earned a good fish collation just like his brother who had carried both young men.

''We said one kiss per dragon, right ?'' Nuffink insisted with a charming smile.

He leant in on Frost, determined to claim his due, yet the boy pushed on his chest.

''Nice try, but I was talking about wild dragons I had never seen before. Pouncer and Ruffrunner obviously don't count, neither the Thunderdrum, even less the Scauldrons.''

''You haven't said so beforehand, you're cheating. So you owe me thirty-one kiss.''

Frost shook his head, the viking could be stubborn sometimes. Well, most of the time, actually, but still.

''It does seem fair to me, if we'd count the Night Lights everytime we see them, we would never stop counting how many kisses I 'owe' you.''

''If you don't want to give them to me, I can still ask someone else.''

Nuffink made this joke without even thinking it, though his mind quickly woke up and slapped him in the face for hurting Frost. Plus, the boy's reply didn't help him knowing if Frost was joking back or trying to get some revenge.

''Don't play that game, I could ask it to Selina, too.''

The viking's face instantly turned dark with just the name. Even his voice went dark.

''Don't even think about it.''

Frost lifted his head to him, revealing a teasing smirk, finally telling the viking he was kidding. A wave of relief crashed onto the blond and chased away all his anger.

''Well, what you gonna do about it ?'' The merman defied him.

''This.''

Nuffink tackled his boyfriend in the grass, holding his wrists above his head, and kissed him with more passion than he had done before, savoring the thin and pale lips with bits of possessiveness. When they parted, Frost was panting, his face flushed.

''Wow, I should get you jealous more often.''

''I'm not jealous.'' The viking stated flatly.

''Yeah, of course, I can see that.''

Frost's sarcasm amused the viking. Once again, his anger fled away, leaving place for his usual good mood and this light feeling he was getting used to. He still had troubles comprehending how Frost was doing this, it was driving him crazy. But crazy in good way.

He rolled his eyes then layed next to his boyfriend to kiss him again, this time slowly and tenderly. As the days were passing by, Frost was growing more confident in the kisses and Nuffink felt like he was discovering his lips all over again each time. He smiled even more when he felt the chilly arms wrap around his neck, keeping him close.

''What can I do to reassure you ?'' The boy asked in a whisper, before his voice turned back to normal volume. ''I'm with you, not her. I want to hold your hand, not hers. I want to spend time with you, not with her. It's you I want to kiss, not her.''

Nuffink closed his eyes and let the words hypnotize and lull him. Goosebumps were covering his skin everywhere. Frost smiled and pulled something out of his pants pocket, placing it in the viking's hand behind the merman's back. Curious and puzzed, Nuffink let go of his boyfriend and looked at the object he was now holding. Tied to a small silver chain that seemed to come from the smithy, stood a tiny sea shell sculpted in a strange material.