31 - The secret is out

The fight ended like a blur. Igvid was blinded by the rage, punching again and again Frost. She wasn't really thinking, she was just wanting him to keep his mouth shut, to stop pretending he loved Nuffink, to stop telling lies to him, to stop fooling and hurting him. She wanted to put him back to his place, she wanted to prove him she was a better person than him, she wanted to beat him up so he would leave Nuffink alone.

She hadn't really expected him to fight back, to try and defend himself even though it was obvious he was weak compared to her. But that didn't stop her. She kept on fighting, punching, squeezing his wrists, trying to push him on the ground. She couldn't even phatom why he was resisting that much. He was begging her to stop, as if it was way more bad than just a beating. Was he really so weak and afraid he couldn't handle it ? That still didn't stop her. The only thing that could end up this fight was her winning, and him kissing the ground. After he had almost managed to unbalance her, kicking the back of her knee, she growled and let go of his wrist to instead grab his hair and push downward.

Frost desperately held onto her, making the both of them topple. That's only then Igvid realised just how close to the edge they were, almost falling, and the only thing she could think of was pulling them as far as possible from it. So she clenched her fist around Frost's wrist and pulled, she pulled so hard she threw herself backward, using her whole weight to the extend she fell. Her back it the ground with more strength that expected, and she remained there, laying while her round eyes stared at the sky. Her fingers were curled up strongly around Frost's sleeve, she couldn't let go, petrified by the sudden burst of fear and adrenaline. They had almost fell. They had almost died. Because of her.

Catching up her racked breath, her ears were ringing with her heartbeat, but soon another sound became clear. It was faint and seemed to retreize, like a scream going down, down, down... that's when realization hit her, like a slap in the face. Relief instantly disappeared and she looked horrified next to her, noticing the grass next to her, where was supposed to be laying Frost, was empty. She stared at her hand, fingers curled around Frost's sleeve - realising the boy was not attached to it since it had torn off - then to the edge of the cliff.

Gods, what had she done ?

Her heart started to pound at top speed as she rushed to the edge, looking down. There, she spotted the falling boy, and stared at him until he vanished from her sight. Such a fall was a deadly one. She remained frozen, disbelieving, and felt tears stream in her eyes.

What had she just done ?

She had just killed Frost.

Shame and guilt washed over her like a wave in a humongous storm, it felt like something had stolen all her strength away and she crashed down to her knees, still looking down. She couldn't see the boy, only the slow motion of the waves on the reefs.

For all she hated and couldn't accept it, Nuffink loved Frost. He really loved him, he cared for him more than he had care for anyone else. So, knowing something had happened to the boy would crush him, it would be so much more devastating than when he had thought the boy was cheating on him. And knowing it was Igvid who... killed him... Nuffink would never forgive her. Never.

No, Nuffink shouldn't know about this. He mustn't know. Neither that Frost was dead, neither that Igvid was the one to blame. She quickly stood and backed from the edge, trying to clear her mind, trying to find a story to make up. Her hands were shaking so bad even her arms and back were trembling. First she had to calm down. She had to calm down and think about what she could tell the others.

Suddenly she heard a noise echoing in the air. A familiar sound. An unmistakable whistle. Igvid barely had the time to look up she spotted a dark dragon soaring at top speed and plounge along the cliff.