12 | coffee

• • •

Elijah's arm was wrapped around my torso, holding me to his chest, "So fucking wet."

I wanted him to go deeper, moving closer to him so that he'd take the hint and fuck me like I wanted him too. He ignored the signs, ignored the moans of frustration, and moved further away.

"Elij- I'm tryi-"

His hand went under my chin, angling my ear towards his lips, "I gotchu', baby."

With each thrust, I got wetter until my low moans were overshadowed by the sounds coming from my pussy. My skin was burning against his, sweat giving the illusion that I was sticking to him.

He pressed his lips to my shoulder, his fingers dug into my hips, drifting to my ass, gripping the flesh. It wasn't enough, it was just enough, It'd never be enough.

"This pussy so tight." Elijah mumbled, triggering a semi-conscious squeeze around him, "This ass-"

I smiled in victory when I felt him pull out and turn me onto my stomach. The smile fell when Elijah pushed into me, giving me what I'd asked for since we first started.

"That's how you fuck me?" Elijah asked when I stopped matching his thrusts, "You begged for this dick and can't take it?"

He was more than making up for where I left off, "Cum with me."

"Make me cum."

An easy task because Elijah liked ass. More specifically, he liked to watch the way it moved while he fucked me. He liked to grip it, almost painfully, as he watched his dick disappear inside of me.

"Fuck, baby."

His moans spurred me on, and I reached in between my legs, to gently stroke his scrotum, the tightening letting me know he was about to join me.

Within seconds we both reached our climaxes, Elijah loosening his grip as he slowly pulled out and fell on the bed beside me.

I sighed happily and rolled over, "You wanna spennanight again?"

It was Jailyn's suggestion that he spend the night after the four of us sat in the living room talking until almost 2. I wasn't going to object, and now I benefitted from it.

Elijah pressed his face into my arm, "No. Ian never been so cold in my damn life."

"I tried to give you covers," I argued.

"Kensley you was wrapped up in the covers. How you tried to give me some?"

I laughed and stood up from the bed, "Sorry. I'm used to sleeping by myself."

Glancing at the time, I saw I had exactly 30 minutes to take a shower and make it to work. Elijah was still lying on his back with his eyes closed.

When he came over last night, he was visibly tense. He was thoughtful and considerate enough to take me to a field of flowers when I told him I couldn't write, the least I could do was try to take his mind off whatever.

He still had yet to tell me what that whatever was.

Elijah wasn't obligated to talk to me at all, but as I said, I wasn't going to keep telling him things about me and he wouldn't offer any information about himself. It was the same way that friends share stories, whether it be a bonding measure or a just to vent.

So it was like having another Jai, but we also had sex.

"I gotta go to work... Coby'll be here if you wanna stay?"

He sat up and shook his head, "I needa go anyway."

Elijah let himself out while I tried to make it to work on time.

• • •

"Why we so busy?" The new girl complained in a low voice, "In the interview, Maria said all we really do is stand here."

That's all Maria did, so it technically wasn't a lie, but it was annoying that she told people that because we kept getting workers who would quit because it wasn't what they thought it was.

I was tired of training people for no reason.

"It'll slow down."

"When?"

I sighed under my breath, "At like 2? It's morning so it's worse right now."

That seemed to satisfy her, and the rest of her questions were geared towards how to make the items that customers were ordering.

By the time 2 came, I needed a cigarette break. I'd never smoked cigarettes a day in my life, but if you asked any of my employers, I smoked damn near a pack a day.

I was about to go tell Maria when I saw the lady I'd been thinking about coming in, "Hey Ms. Tracey." I greeted, "I haven't seen you in a while."

She smiled, "I had my sons picking it up. How have you been?"

"I'm good." I watched her dig into her purse and got happy when she handed me some Jolly Ranchers, "Thank you."

"Make those last. I don't know the next time I'll be in here."

I pretended to fall out, "I know you not tryna dump me. After all we been through?"

We hadn't been through anything, she just would sometimes start talking about her son to me, saying that she didn't exactly like him because of the way he treated his wife.

I thought it was very forthcoming for her to admit that, but as she proved when she stopped coming in here, she never had to see me again if she didn't want to.

That reminded me, "I'm happy your son is bringing you muffins. That's progress right?"

She snorted, "Wrong son sweetheart. I have 2- well 3 sons, but Elijah is my only biological."

I was about to ask if it was my Elijah but she continued talking, "I'm happy he's around more. I thought he'd never smile again after his bitch of a wife broke his heart."

Do coincidences exist? Of course. Did I believe this was a coincidence? Fuck no.

Elijah said he got married when he got 18, and I didn't think I needed to ask when he got divorced because who the fuck admits that they're cheating in such a casual way?

Oh nevermind. It's Elijah the Tin Man.

"Ex-wife?" I asked carefully, trying to remind myself that it wasn't good to jump to conclusions.

"I wish. I don't wanna be the one to tell him, but I don't think he's over her."

My fake smile remained in place, "How nice."

Ms. Tracey stayed and talked for a few more minutes before taking her muffin and leaving.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he purposefully phrased it that way so that if it did come up, he could say he told me.

"The timing wasn't the problem. It was the person."

• • •

let's chat: would you date a man who's married but not w/ the wife? or you need that divorce?

thank you sm for continuing to read, vote, & comment 💕