CHAPTER 1 || New Girl

JENNIE'S POV

Love.

What is love, really?

How do you feel when you see someone you love?

Does time stop? Like... completely?

Or does time only stop for the both of you?

How would you know if you found your true love?

Does it-

JEN! JENNIE! BREAKFAST!

I shot my head up, hearing my father's voice echo throughout our house. "Coming!" I shouted. Grabbing for my notebook and pen, I panicked.

Oh god... I am soo~ late!!

I reached for my bag and hurried downstairs, leaving my door slightly ajar. Once I got down, I saw my father in the kitchen. "There she is..."

He slightly glared at me and raised his eyebrows. "Hey dad." I placed a palm in the air, aiming for a high five, which he lazily returned.

"Breakfast was prepared about twenty minutes ago, what were you doing?" He crossed his arms as I sat on my chair and started eating the cool pancakes.

"Oh you know..." I froze for a bit, then continued chewing. "Writing..." He sighed and sat down as well, munching on the food.

The silence was disrupted when the door flew opened, revealing the one and only Kim Taehyung, my best friend.

"Heyy, Tae!" I jumped up from the chair and ran to him. "Heads!" He then threw a basketball at me, and I quickly catched it.

"Nice." he chuckled and messed up my hair. "Hey! You little-!" I tried reaching for his hair, but he was slightly pushing me away, laughing at my attempt.

Groaning, I pulled the tie that connected my hair together. "Oh Taehyung, are you and Jennie going to school together?" My dad asked as he cleaned up the food.

"Of course we are." Taehyung swirled the basketball on his finger, leaning on the wall. Once I successfully placed my hair in a ponytail, I grabbed Taehyung dragging him to the door.

"Bye dad! See you when I see you!" Closing the door, I sighed. There was a small silence until Taehyung broke it. "Race ya." He started running, leaving me on the porch. "Hey!" I ran after him.

—-————————

We stopped running when we arrived at school, panting at our little 'race.' "You cheated!" I playfully hit his arm as he laughed at me, throwing his head back in the process.

"Nah, you're just slow." Taehyung dribbled his basketball on the ground. "Unnie!" We looked at the voice.

"Lisa!" She hugged me. We pulled away after a few seconds, then she raised her eyebrows. "What happened to you guys?" She asked pointing at me and Taehyung.

"Well, we had a-" I cut him off. "Very unfair race." Crossing my arms, I glared at him. Lisa just nodded. "Hey have you guys seen Rosie unnie? I've been looking for her..."

She mumbled a bit while looking around. "No, I haven't seen her." I replied. There was a mild silence and only Taehyung's dribbling basketball and the chatter of the students can be heard.

"Hyung!" We immediately shot our heads at the voice. "Jungkook!" Taehyung ran to him, but they were still near us. I chuckled as I heard Lisa groaning, rolling her eyes.

"Aww, my baby doesn't wanna see me?" Jungkook pouted. "Shut up! I'm not your baby!" Lisa crossed her arms. Me and Taehyung shared a look and just chuckled at the two.

"Oh yeah, have you guys seen Jimin hyung? I've been looking for him everywhere." Jungkook suddenly asked. Lisa scoffed. "Go find him yourself!"

"Oh yeah, there's a basketball tryout sign-up!" Taehyung remembered. "O-on the first day?" I raised a brow. He just shrugged. "Ok, I guess I'll sign up as well." I placed my hands in the pockets of my sweatpants.

The bell unexpectedly rang, and we all headed towards the school.

———————

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Ok so my first class is math with Jennie. Fvck I hate math... Like seriously?! Math? On the first day?

We arrived at class and I sat down at the back. Jennie sat down beside me. Not long after, the professor arrived. "Good morning class, my name is Mr. Lee. I'm your math teacher, obviously and yeah..."

There was a bit of silence after that. Mr. Lee cleared his throat. "So um, yeah..." More silence.

Damn, this teacher's more awkward than Jungkook and Lisa the moment they realized everyone was looking at them, when they were arguing in the cafeteria last year.

"Oh yeah! We have a new student, class. Please welcome..." He gestured towards the door. Then someone walked in. She was absolutely beautiful...

Long black hair. A dress that hugged her body. And a pretty smile plastered on her face.

I didn't notice that I was gawking at her when someone stepped on my foot. I looked to my left and saw that it was Jennie. Shrugging, I mumbled a 'what' and she just rolled her eyes.

"Introduce yourself, Miss..." Mr. Lee said. The girl looked around the room, smiling. She stopped her gaze at me, and I smiled back. "I'm Park Sooyoung, but you can call me Joy."

Her eyes were glued to mine as we grinned at each other.

"Alright Ms. Park, you can sit down now..." Mr. Lee sat down at his desk. She walked to the desks, keeping her gaze with me. 'Joy' stopped at mine and Jennie's shared table.

"What?" Jennie suddenly spoke out. "Huh?" Joy shook her head. "This is already my spot, go find your own." Jennie rolled her eyes at the girl. Joy just bowed and went to sit in front of Jennie.

"Jennie!" I whisper-shouted. She looked at me. "Why were you so rude to her?" I kept my head down, under the desk. "She was gonna sit here!" She protested. "Yeah but-" Someone cleared their throat.

Jennie and I looked in front of us, seeing Joy. "Sorry to interrupt, but what's your name?" She asked me. "Oh uh, Kim Taehyung." I gave her my box smile. "Mhm, and my name is-" Jennie cut her off.

"Park Sooyoung or Joy, we get it." She rolled her eyes again. I gave her a look. Joy parted her lips, just nodding to Jennie's attitude. "Well then, what's your name?" She smiled.

"Jennie or Jen, Kim." Jennie crossed her arms, looking everywhere but to the girl. Joy parted her lips to say something, but Mr. Lee cleared his throat, signalling everyone to pay attention.

Oh this will be a fvcking nightmare...

———————

So that was the first chapter! Did you guys like it? It took me about 1000 words. Hopefully that was fine.

Don't forget to vote!

👇🏻