CHAPTER 4 || Flashbacks

JOY'S POV

"You guys know each other?" My dad asked pointing at me and Jennie. The both of us nodded. "Well, do you guys need anything?" Jennie asked looking at us.

"We're here for dinner, actually..." My dad chuckled. "Ohh.. you're my dad's friend!" She nodded. "Appa! They're here!" She called out. A few seconds later, her dad came to the door.

Her dad and my dad did a hug, leaving both of us to stand there awkwardly. Soon, we stepped in their lovely abode. I sat quietly in the living room while our dads were chatting in the kitchen. That was until Jennie sat down beside me.

"Hey..." She looked at me. I smiled at her. "How was the walk with Taehyung?" She asked me. "It was fun, he's a very nice guy. I can see why he has lots of friends." Jennie nodded.

We sat there for a while talking about random things. What we like, what we hate, our favourite foods. And to be honest, she kinda reminds me of Nini, my childhood friend when I was.. five or six, maybe?

She loves sports, especially basketball, and she is very athletic. Jennie told me that she doesn't like makeup or any of those 'girly stuff.' She's the complete opposite of me.

"Girls! Dinner!" Our dads shouted from the kitchen. We stood up and dashed to the kitchen. There were so many types of food there! Kimbap, kimchi, japchae, bulgogi, bibimbap, you name it!

"Japchae! My favourite!" Jennie clapped her hands like a kid.

Yep, she definitely reminds me of Nini... japchae is one of her favourite foods.

I giggled at her. "You know, you remind me of my childhood friend, Nini..." She suddenly froze. "Are you ok?" I asked. "Nini?" She looked at me. "Mhm... she was my childhood friend, well before I moved to America.."

I said casually and reached for the bibimbap. "Kkyeopjoy?" I froze when I heard my nickname.

(Yea idk how to spell 'kkyeop or kyeopp' so i'll just do it as kkyeop🙂)

"How did you-?" I was cut off when she hugged me. "It's really you! I missed you so much!" She pulled away and I gave her a look. "It's me, Nini!" Jennie did her signature sign.

 "It's me, Nini!" Jennie did her signature sign

(so cute🥺🥺)

I gasped and hugged her again. "I didn't know it was you!" She hugged me back. We both pulled away. "It's nice that you two girls already know each other.." Our dads both smiled at us, then continued eating.