Chapter 6 || Accident

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Ugh.. this is so boring. I can't believe I'm having math again! I leaned my back further down my chair as I yawned loudly, enough for the teacher to hear. "Is there a problem, Mr. Kim?" Mrs. Park slid her glasses down the bridge of her nose.

"This is so boring..." I placed my hand on my chin and looked directly at the teacher. She looked a bit offended, but kept a poker face. "Well..." She huffed. "How about we make a deal? If you answer these next few questions, you can leave early..."

A few students gasped. "And if I don't?" I asked, curious. Her face immediately turned serious, her eyes shooting daggers at me. "Detention all week." Everyone in the class 'ooh'-ed.

"Try me." I leaned back and chewed on my imaginary gum. Mrs. Park clenched her fists as the students' chuckles can be heard around the room. "47 + 36." She crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes. "What is this, elementary? It's obviously 83." Her smirk faded and she cleared her throat.

"132 + 428.."

"560."

"56 x 84.."

".. 4,700- no... 4,704"

"88 x 97.."

I thought for a few seconds, then snapped my fingers. "8,536." Mrs. Park was quiet. Yeah, I am smart. A lot of people think my mind is just full of basketball this, and basketball that... But I also read or study with Jennie, from time to time. The class was shocked at how I answered those so quickly.

I grabbed my things and walked towards the door. But soon stopped as I heard Mrs. Park's words. "475 x 893.." I looked back at her old face and saw a wide smirk on it. My mouth was half-opened, but I closed it and sighed.

I scratched my head and looked around the room, as if it had the answer. "Well, since you don't know... you can-" I cut her off.

"Four-hundred twenty-four thousand... one-hundred.. seventy-five." She widened her eyes and her jaw fell. I just smirked at her. Mrs. Park grabbed her calculator, then expanded her eyes once again. She looked back up at me.

"I'm guessing just by your expression, that I'm right?" I grinned. She kept looking at her calculator and at me. "See ya!" I waved to the class and left. Next period.. gym.

————————

TIME SKIP || GYM

I was waiting for Jennie in the gym while dribbling the basketball around. My gym clothes were literally just under my shirt, so I didn't need to spend much time in the changing room.

A few minutes later, someone ran in without noticing me. It was Jungkook. He pinned himself on the wall beside the door and peeked out. "What are you doing?" I chuckled and went to him. "Hyung... wait, how are you..?"

He trailed his words. "Oh, I outsmarted my math teacher..." I shrugged nonchalantly. He nodded. "What about you?" I asked spinning the basketball on my pointer finger. "Ah.. I'm running from-"