Chapter 7 || Nurses' Office

JENNIE'S POV

I gasped as I suddenly woke up. "Where am I?" I mumbled as my eyes adjusted to the light. Bringng myself to slowly sit up, I groaned causing someone to jolt awake. "Unnie!" I looked at the voice and saw Lisa.

"Lisa? What are you doing here?" She gave me a glass of water which I gratefully accepted, chugging the warm beverage. I suddenly felt better, but my head still hurts. Then I remembered the basketball, the gym, and.. Taehyung..

"Where's Tae-" A voice cut me off. "Jennie!" There I saw him running towards me, "Taehyung..." I smiled and he sighed a sigh of relief seeing me awake. "Oh! I have to go now, unnie! Cheerleading, you know.." She shrugged and hugged me. I nodded and grinned at her.

"Pfft.. as if you'll make it." A voice erupted from the door. "Jungkook.." Lisa gritted her teeth. She just ignored him and walked away. "Hey! You're just gonna leave me here? Lalisa! Baby! Aisshh..!" Jungkook ruffled his hair as he chased the annoyed girl.

Me and Taehyung just chuckled at them. He then turned to me. "Are you feeling any better?" He sat on the chair next to my bed, which where was Lisa was sitting. I nodded. "What exactly happened? I mean- I remember getting hit by the ball and everyone running towards me.." I trailed.

Taehyung chuckled looking down. "You don't remember anything else?" He looked back up and stared deeply into my eyes. I bit my lip and looked away from him, trying to remember.

"Ok so, I fell on the ground. Everyone surrounded me, you were there, so was Lisa, Rosé, and Sooyoung..." I looked at him. "What else?" He had a huge smirk on his face and I shrugged. "Don't you remember what you said to me?" He leaned back on the chair.

I looked away again, tapping my chin. "What?" Taehyung chuckled shaking his head. "You said 'I love yo-" A familiar voice caught out attention. "Taehyung?! Nini?!" Joy suddenly looked at us, out of breath. She smiled as she saw me.

"Oh god! I was so worried!" The girl suddenly jumped onto Jennie, squeezing her with a big hug. "I-I can't b-breathe.." Jennie hoarsed as she tried to get Joy's hand off of her. Joy immediately let go, seeing the girl's state.

"Woops, sorry.." She tucked a strand behind her ear, which was a habit she developed ever since she was a kid. Jennie heaved a sigh of relief, finally being able to breathe again.

"I'm just glad you're finally awake, everyone else was so worried! Especially uh, Taehyung here." She poked her tongue out of her cheek, roaming her eyes around the room. Was she jealous? Of course, she is. Even though she and Taehyung weren't official yet, she already claimed him in her heart.

Taehyung cleared his throat, breaking the silence which lasted for a few seconds. "Uh Joy? Don't you have cheerleading?" He stood up. "Oh shit! I completely forgot! Anyways, I have to go now, bye Nini! See ya!" She quickly dashed out the door, leaving the two alone.

Jennie hung her feet off the side of the bed before standing up completely, wobbling a little bit. Of course, she was obviously a little dizzy after getting smacked in the head by a wild basketball. Taehyung acted quick and immediately helped her up, like how you would help an elderly.

Jennie chuckled at his actions. "I'm fine, Tae, don't worry." She ruffled his fluffy hair, and Taehyung just smiled at her. "Just wanna make sure you're comfortable." He shrugged. "You are my best friend, after all." Jennie's smile immediately faltered.

"Yeah.." She hung her head. Why am I feeling this? We are best friends! Why does my heart ssuddenly feel heavy? The hell? "Jennie!" Taehyung snapped his fingers in front of her face. She blinked a few times before looking at Taehyung, who wore a worried face.

"What?" The once concerned lad, sighed. "You were dozing off, are you sure you're ok?" He held her shoulders firmly, slightly bending his knees due to their height differences. Jennie hummed in response, nodding her head. "Alright then.. go get changed, I'll send you home."

Jennie opened her mouth to say something, but Taehyung cut her off. "No, I don't have basketball tryouts. The cheerleaders have the gym today." He shrugged. Jennie nodded her head walking with Taehyung out the office, waving at the nurses'.

This was their thing. They already know what each other is going to say before they say it. As they say, thirteen years of friendship really pays off. Little backstory, they met when they were five, and now they're eighteen.

——————

JENNIE'S POV

After getting changed, I went out of the girls' changing room and met Taehyung, who was leaning on the wall beside the door, spinning his basketball on his finger, one of his habits that I admire very much.

I never knew how to do that, Taehyung tried teaching me, but I could never do it. It wouldn't even last for a millisecond. So I basically just gave up. Meh, it wasn't important anyway.

"Jennie!" I shook my head, going back to reality. I saw Taehyung holding my shoulders. "God finally! Why are you always dozing off, huh?" He chuckled and wrapped his left arm around my shoulders. "I don't know.." I blankly stated.

He nodded and walked me out of the gym quietly, trying not to attract attention from the cheerleaders. Once we were out, we bumped into Jimin. He looked like he had been running everywhere.

"Oh, hyung. Why are you still here? We don't have basketball, you know." Me and Taehyung stopped in our tracks. "I know, I know, I'm just looking for Rosie, you guys seen her?" He asked us, looking everywhere.

Taehyung and I gave eachother 'the look', we both knew Jimin liked Rosie, and Rosie always had a crush on Jimin. I mean, who didn't? The whole school knew, it's just that they both refuse to believe it. "She's in the gym, cheerleading practice." I waved my hands around.

He grinned at me. "Really? Alright then." Jimin dashed towards the gym. Taehyung and I laughed at how silly he looked. Jimin poked his head out the door. "I can hear you." He raised a brow. The both of us immediately stopped laughing, and Taehyung whistled, while looking around the lobby.

Jimin shook his head and chuckled, leaving us alone again. "Let's go?" Taehyung raised a brow at me, his arm never leaving my shoulder. I nodded and we started walking towards the exit.

——————————-

Hey, so I hope you guys liked this chapter! Sorry for the wait. Thank you for voting and for commenting! It really gives me the courage <33

Don't forget to vote!

👇🏻
👇🏻