Bitter(&)Sweet (Vil x Reader x Malleus)

Requested by @TayaBacha! Thank you!

Vil Shoenheit was at a loss. While he would usually see his Magicam page as something to be proud of, his latest posts had seemed... off, to him, like something was missing. Not that there was anything wrong with him, obviously - he would never share anything of himself that was less than perfection. However, he still couldn't look at the posts and be fully satisfied with what he saw.

Perhaps it was the lighting? No, that seemed fine. The background? That would make more sense. He mainly posted photos of himself in his dorm room, so perhaps a change of scenery would make this feeling of discontent go away.

That was how he found himself wandering around the school grounds. Nothing around the Pomefiore dorm seemed to stand out to him; nor did the botanical gardens or anything on the school field. Vil considered going to Heartslabyul to see if he could take photos in the Rose Maze before deciding against it - quite a lot of Cater's photos were taken there and he didn't want to be accused of stealing ideas. Still, he was determined to find... whatever it was he was looking for.

Vil's answer came not long after. Turning a corner, a voice reached his ears. If he was correct, the Light Music clubroom wasn't too far from where he was. Perhaps they were practicing late? It wouldn't surprise him if they were, but the voice was so different from the usual screamo Lilia sang... the voice was so soothing...

Walking down the corridor, Vil followed the sound of the voice in almost a dream-like state. The voice had made something click in his head - his sense of unease was lifting. So his answer was in the Light Music club?

His hand reached out to the door only to have it swing inward. Vil looked up and saw the form of Diasomnia's dorm head, Malleus Draconia, looking down on him.

Vil furrowed his brow in confusion (or at least he would have, if it didn't risk giving him premature wrinkles). Malleus was the one who was singing? But, even if Vil did rarely hear Malleus talk, he was sure that the voice was different to the one that had beaconed him...

He didn't have to wait long for an answer. "Tsunotaro? What's wrong?"

The large frame of the dark fae shifted sideways, almost like a doorway. Vil couldn't quite describe what he felt when he saw you - your looks were not what Pomefiore boasted, yet there was something enticing about you that made Vil unable to look away. As you moved off the clubroom's stage, he couldn't help but move forward, for once unaffected by the dark fae's presence.

"Ah - you're... Pomefiore's dorm leader, Vil, right? Sorry, did we- woah!"

Your feet caught around some misplaced wires left on the steps, causing you to fly forward. Before Vil could make a move to catch you, Malleus was already by your side, straightening you up.

"Are you alright, (y/n)?" Malleus asked, moving his hands off your sides.

You nodded, slight frazzled. "Yeah, I'm fine. Oh, wait, my shoe..."