Jade x Reader x Floyd

Happy birthday Jade and Floyd!🥳🥳
~~

Face flushed from the twins' laughter, you try once again to push yourself forward, using a nearby rock for stability. Unfortunately, said rock decided to break underneath your fingers - coupled with the momentum from your lower half, it caused your to go spinning again. For the who-knows-at-this-point-th time, you try to push down the movement sickness while Floyd bursts into a even louder fit of laughter.

"Shrimpy, you're worse than a elver~!" Floyd teased, the words barely audible due to the second-year's laughing fit.

"It's not my fault!" You complained, grabbing a hold of a (hopefully sturdier) rock. You glared at the twins, but they were only amused by your pout. "I wasn't exactly born an eel, y'know!"

As you spoke, you gestured to your once-legs, now-giant-fin. Even if you could swim when you had legs, how did they expect you to swim when an appendage you'd gotten only a couple of hours earlier!? Jade even mentioned it'd be difficult!

It wasn't as if you regretted your decision to visit the Coral Sea again - when Jade and Floyd had mentioned their parents offering for you to stay round theirs during summer break, you'd almost jumped at the chance. You just wished you hadn't let them talk you into taking a transformation potion instead of the standard underwater breathing potion, saying it would be fine because they'd teach you how to use your tail long before you had to worry about embarrassing yourself in front of their family. Sure, it meant you didn't have to worry about drinking potions every three hours or so, but you were now certain you would've preferred that outcome.

Even that conversation when you had conceded had been a challenge. Floyd had tried his hardest to convince you to take a shrimp-mer transformation potion. Luckily, Jade had granted you the small 'mercy' of suggesting since that both him and Floyd were eel folk it would be easier to teach you how to swim if you took an eel-mer transformation potion as well. So much for help part, though.

"I'm sorry I'm having trouble teaching myself how to swim." You pointed out not-so-subtly.

You didn't expect much of reaction from them so when Jade actually swam in front of you and intertwined your fingers with his, the action momentarily shocked you, especially when you noticed the soft look on his face as well. A genuine smile instead of his usual sadistic grin was a welcome sight after all the trouble you'd gone through.

"Here." He spoke calmly, like an actual instructor would, though the intimacy of the way he was guiding showed that he definitely wasn't view this like you were a child.  "Let me guide you."

Jade begins swimming backwards slowly, squeezing your hand slightly as if to tell you to move your fin as well. So you did, and a small feeling of pride welled up in your chest as it felt like you really were swimming properly. The two of you carried on in circles for a while until Jade slowly eased one of his hands out of your hold, moving so he swam beside you. If you ever made a mistake or almost swam into a rock, the calmer eel brother would pull you towards himself and correct you. Floyd watched happily, a large smile on his face (thankfully without the laughing and teasing) as he clapped.

"Hehe~ Shrimpy's getting it!" Floyd, unable to contain himself any longer, swims up at an alarming speed to catch up to the two of you. Before either of you could react, Floyd latches on to your back and straightens the both you and him to give you one of the tightest squeezes you'd ever received from him.

Jade merely laughs at what was happening as you were lacking too much air to reach. Surprisingly his hand had managed to stay locked with yours, something he reminds you of by squeezing them together as soon as Floyd is done with his full-body squeeze. It was only then you realised you were trapped between the two brothers and a sense of impending doom rose up as you saw them smiling above you.

"Shrimpy's all ours." Floyd cheers, though at a significantly lower volume that his usual shouting. He buries his head into the crook of your neck - he did it all the time on land, and his body temperature was never overly warm to begin with, but now it felt freezing. Oddly enough, you found you didn't mind.

Jade shakes his head in a reprimand, though his eyes clearly showed he was thinking the same thing. "Now, now, Floyd. Don't get ahead of yourself."

"Eh~?" You feel Floyd pout against your neck and can't help but laugh as his movements brush against your ticklish spot. "But Shrimpy said they'd meet our family, Jade. Right, Shrimpy?"

"Um, yes...?" You nod in response, accidentally making yourself giggle again. "What do you mean by that though...?"

Jade chuckles while Floyd throws his head back, groaning loudly in annoyance.

"Shrimpy!" Floyd huffs. "You're meeting our parents while we're dating! Isn't that a human custom?"

Oh. Ohhhhh. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

A blush rose to your cheeks while you finally realised the meaning behind the family invite. Why you'd figured it was something so innocent as just a place to drop by for the holidays were beyond you - though you supposed you would've realised closer to the date (hopefully).

"S-Sorry!" You apologised, looking between both of the brothers, unsure of how to respond now that you realised what was happening. "I guess... I don't know. It just didn't come into my mind..."

Floyd groans again, somehow managing to throw his head back even farther. Jade shakes his head fondly, though now at you instead of his brother.

"It's alright." Jade reassures you, emphasising his point with a quick kiss to your lips. "At least you now have longer to prepare, if that's what you want. We'll answer any questions you need, (y/n)."

"Hey! No fair!" Floyd complains when he sees Jade kiss you, his words overlapping with his brother's reassurance. "I want an apology kiss too, Shrimpy!"

You turned your head around, fully expecting a different kiss to Jade's. And you were right - Jade likes to give you quick, almost informal kisses though they were always at the right moments so you knew the meaning behind them was everything you wanted; Floyd's kisses were more sporadic, as forceful as a squeeze and lasting a long time regardless of the situation. Like right now, for example, causing you laugh into the kiss at the loud noise he was making in an attempt to get your attention solely on him.

Floyd pulls away with an equally loud smacking noise, not doing anything to quell your laughter. His bad mood now entirely gone, Floyd laughs along with you while Jade looks on fondly.

"Let's not get too distracted." Jade finally says after the laughter dies down. "(y/n) still hasn't mastered swimming with their tail yet."

"Fine~ Oh!" Floyd's pout disappeared as quickly as it appeared as an idea popped into his brain. "Shrimpy, I'm going to guide you this time, okay~? And we're gonna go through the holes in the coral~!"

"Um, I don't think I'm ready for that..." You try to explain, not wanting to find out what it was like to feel pain from a tail if you missed.

Jade kisses your hand in reassurance as Floyd lets go of your behind to swim in front of you and take your other hand. "Relax. I'll be there to make sure you go nice and slow."

You sigh, realising you weren't going to win this battle either. "Fine. But I'm backing out if I think I'm going to get cut!"

"Don't worry, (y/n)." Jade tells you.

"We'll make sure you're safe, Shrimpy!" Floyd chimes in.

"Because we love you~"