5 - 4935

Author's Note:

The quiet man's chapter! And ready the tissues! Englishero itong tahimik na taong 'to!

Chapter 5: 4,935
Fɪʟᴛᴇʀ 
[Monday: July 16, 2018]

"Kuyyaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" As Blue shouted that, she is running towards me and gave me a hug. Napangiti naman agad ako at sinalubong ang yakap niya. I carried her and we circled as we hugged.

My sister is always like a dog when I arrive. She will run and jump to hug me when I pick her up in our neighbor's house.

"How was school, Blue?" I asked when we settled from the circular hug. I am still carrying her. Did she become heavy?

"It was very fine Kuya! Teacher gave me 3 stars oh!" Then she showed me her wrist with 3 stars on it.

"My baby is indeed very smart! So, what do you want as a reward?"

"Uhm..." she acted like she's thinking and then she poked her cheek. "Kiss Kuya! 3 kisses!"

"Sure..." I kissed her thrice. "Three kisses for your three stars. Where is Ms. Amy?"

Ms. Amy is the owner of this house. Blue's service drops my sister here from school so that someone will take care of her while I'm still at school. Mrs. Amy is a good woman. Too bad she doesn't have husband yet. Bata pa naman siya, early 30's. Kaya walang problema sa kaniyang alagaan pansamantala si Blue dahil mahilig din siya sa bata.

Blue also loves staying here because of the dogs. She absolutely loves fluffy dogs especially Zamaica, Ms. Amy's golden retriever. She bought it for Blue dahil alam niyang mahilig ito sa aso.

"She's cooking! At the kitchen!" she told me while hugging my neck.

"Let's go to her. I'll tell her that we'll go home" I told her as I put her down from my arms. I held her hand as we walked at the kitchen.

"Filter! Bakit ka late ngayon ha? May girlfriend ka na 'no? Nagdate kayo?" masiglang sabi ni Ms. Amy. The reason why Blue and her gets along well. They are both lively and energetic.

"No, Ms. Amy. We have a project to plan and one member was late. I hope Blue didn't bothered you" I smiled lightly at her.

"How many times do I need to tell you, Ate Amy na lang o Tita Amy! Para naman tayong nasa trabaho!" she laughed. She always insists me to call her that way, but I always refuse.

"And also, kailan pa naging bother itong si Blue! Parang anak ko na rin 'to eh!" she laughed.

Ever since Blue goes to school, which was 3 years ago, Ms. Amy volunteered to help me when I got problematic because I have no idea who will take care of Blue while I'm at school. In kindergarten, half-day ang schedule nila habang whole day ako. I got no one to help me because I have no friends apart from Cath. I was in 9th grade that time.

Hindi pwedeng kina Cath dahil ang mga kapatid niya ay may kani-kaniyang trabaho, si Mr. Cavalcante ay seaman habang may office si Mrs. Cavalcante naman ay may office sa Manila. Hindi ko rin maiwan si Blue sa service niya na si Mr. Richard.

He is technically not a hired service. He volunteered in picking Blue from home and also dropping her off because his son is Blue's classmate and we are living in the same village.

Pero gaya nga ng sabi ko, hindi ko rin siya maiwan sa kanila dahil ang asawa niya na si Ms. Rein ay teacher sa International School ng SON sa Manila at siya naman ay stay-in businessman, kung saan may business siya pero sa office ng bahay nila hinahandle ito. He is always on phone calls and online meetings with his manages and employees, kaya sabi niya, kahit iwan ko si Blue sa kanila ay wala ring mag-aalaga. Ang mga nakatatandang anak naman niya ay sa eskuwelahan ng tanghali katulad ko.