12 - Babysitter

Chapter 12: Babysitter
Fɪʟᴛᴇʀ
[Sunday: September 9, 2018]

While Blue and I are eating our dinner, I'm still contemplating if I should bring her or not. Blue is loud and energetic, not that she is a burden, she might distract the others while training. Training for the competitions is the main purpose we are going out of the country anyway.

If this is a simple vacation, I would have no second thoughts in bringing her with me. But this is a serious thing that it has the necessity to put your whole attention with. I want to bring her so bad. I've been with her every day for almost 7 years. Never had been a day that I didn't see her. I can't imagine three months with her.

Kahit gusto ko, hindi dapat ako maging makasarili. I need to consider my friends. Will it be okay? Would they be distracted? Would they bother to take care of my baby? I'm sure for Cath it would be okay, pero sa iba? I doubt it. That one person should be your guardian. Siya dapat ang magbabantay sa'yo. Not the other way around wherein you are the one who will take care of that one person.

"Kuya, are you okay po?" I looked at Blue who is looking concern while eating. I just stared at her.

However, she may be very loud, energetic, and lively. I know that she is always obedient. One 'shh' sign, she will be quiet. When she's being loud, one look from me, she will behave. One call of her full name, she will be not be unruly.

"Kuya?" pagkuha ng atensiya niya sa akin.

"Baby, if I bring you somewhere very very far. Would you behave? Would you follow your Kuya?" I seriously asked her.

She bit her lower lips and lowered her gaze like she is thinking. "Would you?" I asked then she looked at me.

"Opo, Kuya. I would behave. I will always behave naman po when needed. But I am thinking, are we going somewhere, Kuya? Why did you ask po?" she asked with a low voice, close to murmur. Sanay na ako sa ganiyang salitaan niya. Naiintindihan ko.

"I need to go somewhere for 3 months." I said. Tinignan niya lamang ako, naghihintay ng kasunod kong sasabihin. "They permitted me to bring someone. And if I'm going to bring you, can I be assured that you will be a nice girl there?" She nodded quickly.

"Kuya. I don't want to be left behind." she looked down. I saw her playing with her fingers. I just looked at her. She lifted her head and I saw her tears flowing down while still playing with her fingers.

"K-kuya" her voice broke. "Don't... d-don't leave me p-po..." she said in a low voice while crying. "I love Mama A-Amy, Kuya. I also l-love P-papa Richard and a-also Mama C-Carrie, but I don't want to be l-left with them for 3 months, K-kuya. It's... it's s long, Kuya. I don't want to be left, Kuya. I want to be with you, Kuya. Blue without Kuya is very very very sad." she cried.

My heart softened. I sighed and walked towards her. I squatted so that I could reach her gaze because she is looking down. Itinabi ko ang buhok niyang nabasa sa luha niya, at ang bangs niyang harang lamang sa mata niya.

"Am I a bad Kuya now? I made my baby cry." I smiled light at her and then I hugged her. "I'm sorry for making you cry, baby. Yes, I would never leave you here. I'll take you with me, okay? So, don't cry." I said during the hug. She lightly pushed me, and when I released in the hug, she started wiping her tears. Eventually, kumalma na siya.

"You'll not leave me, Kuya?" she asked. I smiled then nodded at her.

"I will also be sad without Blue. But promise me, you will behave, okay?" she nodded.

"I promise po." I kissed her forehead before hugging her. I sat beside her as we finished eating dinner.

[Monday: September 10, 2018] 
A day later.