17

Aeko won't stop crying.

No matter how much Chris comforted his son, nothing could stop Echo's rage. These days, as Aeko's powers appeared more often, and as he got bigger and more intelligent, his wrath became much more difficult to bare. The storms weren't like anything normal. The rage seemed hellish, so much so that Chris had made his mother and Aunt move in with him temporarily. There were some things that would keep Aeko calm like his favorite snacks or the alphabet song, but there was an obvious shift and imbalance with Aeko ever since the visitor came. There hadn't been anymore ghastly occurrences, but it seemed that the effect it had on Aeko never fully went away.
Just as Chris laid Aeko down to sleep, the doorbell rang. He trusted someone else to get it while he made sure his son wouldn't wake back up if he walked out. Once he realized Aeko was sleeping deeply, he left out and looked over the balcony to see Nova. It was refreshing to see a familiar, yet new face after so many days of being in the house.

"Chris, Hi

"Chris, Hi..." she said, as she stepped out of her wet shoes and onto the carpet. "We need to talk about Desiré."

It was only noon and already Desiré had grown bored of herself. Derek had left for work and so she attempted to entertain herself by trying to trigger more parts of her memory. There were still lots of fuzzy pieces in her mind and during the day, she would sift through her things trying to find anything that would ring a bell in her mind.

It was odd to her that she would instinctively only do this type of thing when Derek wasn't around. To her, she felt that he'd given up on trying to help get her memory back. As she lay on the couch flipping through channels, she heard a knock on the door. She was excited, honestly. This was the most exciting thing to happen to her in days. "Who is it?" She peered through the peephole.

"Dr. Jenny Kim." It was then she spotted an Asian woman around her age with the neatest clothes and the neatest hair and makeup she'd ever seen. She opened the door for her and she instantly felt a strong familiarity. "I've been trying to get ahold of you Ms. Jones, I'm sorry if this is intrusive but I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Desiré furrowed her eyebrows leaning against the door, "um... I'm sorry what is our relationship?"

"You don't remember...? You scheduled an appointment with me about a month ago and you came in and we talked. I got worried when I didn't hear back from you."

"I was in a car accident and I lost my memory... I can't recall certain things. Significant ones." A glint appeared in Desire's eyes as she looked at the woman. "What kind of appointment?"

"I was hoping to be your therapist. I have your file right here," she said showing a black folder worth Desire' J. printed on it in bold lettering. "Here, you can take this and look through it. Maybe it'll help you trigger some memories. If you'd like you can schedule another session with me." She smiled.