~19~ Cracked, But Not Broken

➢𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡➢

『 Mama told us we are good kids 
And daddy told us never listen to the ones
Pointing nasty fingers and making fun
'Cause we were good kids
―𝘓𝘶𝘬𝘢𝘴 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘮, 𝘔𝘢𝘮𝘢 𝘚𝘢𝘪𝘥

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 19: 𝑪𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅, 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏⟵

-𝙼𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟿𝚃𝙷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼-

𝙰𝚅𝙴𝙽𝙶𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝙵𝙰𝙲𝙸𝙻𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝚄𝙿𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚃𝙴 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

A pair of bare, skinny legs, not covered by the black track shorts and instead sport a few nicks, swing rather absentmindedly while brushing against the cloth displayed on top of one of the examination beds at the Avengers Facility.

 In the medical bay, a doctor works diligently to quickly complete yet another examination on Dani Rockland-Rogers―well, the kid's foot to be exact.

Looking down with her big green eyes, the eleven-year-old circles her right ankle that wears just a fuzzy sock, but her left one―she picks somewhat annoyedly at the velcro of the gray boot-cast placed there after returning from Lagos, after Rumlow ...

"Alright," the pretty voice of the female doctor cuts Danielle out of her irritated thoughts, still leaving irritation inside the girl due to her current predicament, however―and she keeps her gaze downwards while the woman speaks, "So, an ankle fracture for the average person takes about six weeks to heal."

The petite brunette's lips press together, view still of the tiled floor of the facility below her as she stares at her feet―bringing her situation to notice in a voice just above a whisper, "I'm not an average person ... so, how long do you think it will take for me to heal?"

"The mission causing the injury was two weeks ago you said, right?" the doctor asks the young girl, to which she earns a nod before a look of sympathy washes over the medical examiner―ultimately explaining, "Well, although you are certainly an enhanced individual with the abilities retained from parts of a sustainable energy source,"

She continues to keep in mind the child's powers, as well as the usually prominent quick-paced regeneration, in this case, "There has been little to no progress in signs of those factors helping ..."

"So," Dani's face falls more, dreading the diagnosis about to leave the doctor's mouth―her already knowing that the pieces of the Tesseract had been acting up ever since ...