~30~ Now It's Broken

➢𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗦➢

『I'm a slave to your games
I'm just a sucker for pain
I wanna chain you up
I wanna tie you down』
―𝘓𝘪𝘭 𝘞𝘢𝘺𝘯𝘦, 𝘞𝘪𝘻 𝘒𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘢 & 𝘐𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴,
𝘚𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘗𝘢𝘪𝘯

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 30: 𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏⟵

-𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟻-

𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙰𝚅𝙴𝙽𝙶𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝚃𝙾𝚆𝙴𝚁

"I swear, she sleeps like a baby."

"Yeah. Surprisingly so with all the ruckus you're making..."

The expression worn by Tony Stark shrivels in reaction to the sassy remark by Steve Rogers, but his brown eyes shift downwards intently to the figure currently lying on top of the Captain's lap, swaddled in blankets, and seemingly out like a light—Dani Rockland-Rogers.

Steve's crystal blue gems for eyes look down as well at his adoptive daughter's small form curled into his side, and a bit of relief flows through the man's veins, at the fact that she was finally getting some rest, that being very difficult as of late due to the ongoing pain that her abilities have brought on, as it constricts and makes room for itself... remains out of order.

Tony asks rather softly, "Did she get any sleep last night?"

"Nope." The blonde responds, shaking his head.

The Ironed Man takes another look at his friend, undeniably noticing the dark circles underneath his pale eyelids, "Did you get any sleep last night?"

Contortion comes to Steve's features, and he answers with an attempted amount of hidden depletion, "Nope."

Tony's jaw tightens. Anger at first builds up inside him at the lack of solution at the time present, for helping this child who undoubtedly was suffering—in return making the ones who care deeply about her, love her, suffer as well. And the man grows concerned.

So he steps closer to the couch that Captain America and his kid both occupy, standing near the side of it as his arms cross together—simply beginning to follow the gaze of Steve Rogers that settles firmly on the little girl whose eyes and face look relatively relaxed for once. Like a baby.