Chapter 7 - Taken

〔 please play the video for audio while you read 〕

««Christine»»
The sun was rising still when I finished my song and opened my eyes. I didn't realize until now that I was crying and shaking badly. It took all of the strength I had to stand in the meadow of heather that lasted for miles around me. I took a deep breath, playing the music of a song in my head. The strings came first, followed by the drums. Then by my voice.

Is anybody there, does anybody care what I'm feeling? I wanna disappear so nobody can hear me when I'm screamin'. 'Cause I could use a hand sometimes. Yeah I could use a hand sometimes.

They say pain is an illusion, this is just a bruise and you are just confused but I am only human. I could use a hand sometimes. I am only human.

The electronics came in, forming the drop of the song. For a moment I thought I was back home, listening to my music, and singing my heart out.

I am only human. I am only human!

The night is bitter cold, I wonder if you know that I'm sleepless. Waitin' like a ghost when I need you the most that go unnoticed.

Logan came to my mind. His blond hair and brilliant emerald gaze. His strong build and his tight hugs. His lips and his loyalty. Pain and sorrow filled my chest. Would I really never see him again? Would I never see the only boy I ever loved again?

'Cause I could use a hand sometimes. Yeah I could use a hand sometimes

They say pain is an illusion this is just a bruise and you are just confused but I am only human. I could use a hand sometimes. I am only human. I am only human!

The weight of the world is pullin' me down. Every breath feels like I'm gonna drown. I'm the only one left to hold on this earth. Singin' this song but can't find the words...

'Cause I could use a hand sometimes. Yeah I could use a hand sometimes.

They say pain is an illusion this is just a bruise and you are just confused but I am only human. I could use a hand sometimes. I am only human...

When I finished and opened my eyes, I immediately noticed that I had stopped crying. At least the part of Christine that loved modern music hadn't faded. At least that part of her was still intact.

The air was becoming warmer. I knelt down and picked up my violin and bow. If this was my new home, I might as well find a village or town where I could stay the night, maybe for the next few days. I had to start somewhere.

But I hadn't even walked five steps when I heard the clomping of horses coming up one of the hills. My eyes widened and I whirled around. Natives.

Oh Lord.

Instead of staying where I was to get help from whoever was coming, I ran like Lucifer himself was on my heels.

Thank God I did track in my last year of school.

I ran down the opposite side of the hill, away from the rumbling hooves. I saw a forest below. My only chance was getting inside the treeline and taking cover. But before I even made it that far, something hard hit the back of my head, making me stumble and fall down as pain exploded in skull. The last thing I remembered before I went out completely was the sound of hooves. Then everything was black and I thought I was drifting off to sea.

                           ««❀»»

««Kain»»
Kain rode through the heather fields and the rolling hills of the Highlands. He knew these hills and meadows like the back of his hand. As he rode, he started to hear a voice, floating on the wind. Ultimately female, the voice was singing a song he had never heard before. While this did intrigue him, for some reason which Kain could not really explain with proper evidence, it made him furious as well.