Chapter 6

~Olivia's POV~

Josh grabbed the pizza and brought it over to the couch in the living room. We talked and laughed as we ate. After we were finished with the pizza, Josh, being the kind gentleman he is, went to throw my trash away and refill my water.
"Thank you kind sir," I told him in my best cockney accent.
"Anything for you m'lady" he smirked and winked. I felt my cheeks grow warm.

~Joshua's POV~

"Woah. Did I just make THE Olivia Isabel Rodrigo blush?" I say as I touch my heart and smirk.

"Shut up" she said as she nuzzled her face into my chest to hide.

"Why? I feel honored."

"Joshyyyyyyyyyy" she pleaded, "stop making fun of meeee!"

" I'm not making fun of you....... well maybe I am a little, but I can't help it! You're adorable!"
I say hugging her—
Wait! Did I just call my best friend adorable...AGAIN?! I guess it just slipped out. I mean she is really cute, but in a totally platonic way, obviously.

~Olivia's POV~

I felt my cheeks get even hotter when he called me adorable. Luckily, his warm hug covered it up. I really need to control myself.

When he let go of the hug, I realized how cold I actually was and I accidentally let out a shiver. Josh looked over at me with a smile.

"I'll be right back" he said.

Moments later, he returned with his iconic pink San Francisco sweatshirt.

"Here you go Livvy. I noticed you were a little cold."

I gave him a huge grin, put his GIANT sweatshirt on, and hugged him once again. This time, I didn't let go though. I just stayed cuddled up to him as he scrolled through Netflix, searching for a movie to watch.

~Joshua's POV ~

I returned to the family room with a sweatshirt to give to Liv. She gave me the biggest, happiest grin, and put it on. She's practically swimming in it. She then hugged me, but she didn't let go this time. She just stayed there with her arms wrapped around my torso and head on my chest.  I draped my arm over her and continued to search for a movie for us to watch. We decided on the movie, Bolt. Such a good movie.

Olivia and I didn't move at all. She was cuddled  up to me the entire time. The movie was almost over. I looked over and saw that she was sleeping. Should I wake her up and take her to her apartment?

I decided against waking her up. Instead, I picked her up bridal style, grabbed her shoes and room key from the front table, and carried her next door. I sat her down in her bed, kissed he forehead and turned around to leave.

"Joshy?" I heard her murmur.

"Yes Liv?" I replied.

"Do you maybe want to have a sleepover tonight? You can say no if you want." She said with a hopeful smile, a little more awake now.

"Of course I do. Lemme go grab some stuff really quick though. I'll be back in a minute."

I went back to my apartment and packed a bag with my toothbrush, a phone charger, and a change of clothes. I headed back over to Liv's and knocked.

~Olivia's POV~

As I was getting all the candy and popcorn out and ready, I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I respond, already knowing it's Josh.

"Your favorite person ever!" He replies.

"JACK WHITE?! IS THAT YOU?!"

"Close" he says with a chuckle.

"Oh. It's just you Josh. How disappointing." I say with a smirk as I open the door.

"Oh no you didn't!" He says as he drops his bag and runs over to me. He ran up behind me so my back was pressed against this chest. He then picked me up and started spinning me around.

"Ahh Josh!! Stop it!" I yelled.

He put me down and spun me around by my waist so I was facing him. He looked me in the eyes and enveloped me into a warm hug.

"I gotta say... I thought you'd be a little happier to see me livvy." He whispers into my ear, causing my face to grow hot ONCE AGAIN.

"I'm just messing with you. I'm always happy to see you Josh" I reply with a smile.

"I know. I'm just messing with you too."

"Now, let's get this sleepover started!" I yelled.

"Hell yeah!" He yelled, just as enthusiastic.

~Joshua's POV~

Our night consisted of eating way too much candy, face masks (that was Liv's idea), truth or dare, karaoke, and lots of talking. It ended with Liv and I both falling asleep in her bed while watching The Office. I couldn't have asked for a better night or a better best friend. I really am a lucky guy.

~a/n~

Hey guys! Thank you so much for almost 700 reads! I'm sorry I was so late on this update. How are you guys liking this book so far? Should I keep it going or not? Please let me know and once again, constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome! I love reading your guys' comments. You're all so sweet! I love you all so much! I hope you're having an amazing summer. Happy 4th of July!

<3