Chapter 14 - So, It's A Date?

Continuing where we left off.

Logan stood in place as he pondered whether he could still call himself her friend, but Quinlan snapped him out of his internal conflict.

Quinlan: Logan... why did you leave?

There it was, the question Logan wanted to avoid, especially coming from his childhood friend. She said almost on the verge of tears for the second time today.

Logan argued with himself on whether he should lie his way out of it and spare her the truth, or be honest and explain to his long-time friend the reason he left her.

Quinlan: (Tearing Up) I-Is it me? Am I t-the reason you l-left?

She said now with tears slowly dripping down her cheeks, Logan felt like shit, for letting a dear friend feel like she was responsible for why he left behind everything dear to him, especially her.

Logan panicked a bit before stuttering words, hoping to cheer up Quinlan.

Logan: (Stuttering) O-Of- course not! Why would you even think Th-that?

He failed and just made a fool of himself.

Quinlan looked at him, he stared deeply in her eyes and as he did; he got all the answers he needs. She felt abandoned... forgotten... betrayed. It's no wonder why she thought about that. Why can't Logan get the hint? Move! Comfort her dude!

Logan walked towards her and gave her a gentle hug. It surprised her at first but immediately accepted it before reciprocating the embrace.

They made not one sound during their moment except for the clamor of people and the surrounding games, but for these two everything went silent as they grasped each other as if hanging for dear life.

Tears continued streaming down the chick's face, as Logan let out a drop or two before finally breaking the hug.

Logan: Quinlan, trust me when I say that you have nothing to do about me leaving.

Quinlan: *Sniffs* B-But-

Logan: Let me finish.

He said interrupting her while wiping away the leftover tears on Quinlan's face.

Logan: I left because of certain reasons, I regretted ever leaving over some dumb shit, but believe me when I say that whatever made me leave you and my family behind, you are not to blame.

Quinlan slowly regaining her composure as she closely listened to every word that escaped her precious friend's lips.

Logan: Remember back then when we used to hang out together for hours on end.

She nodded her head in accordance to a distant memory of theirs.

Logan: I loved every second cause it was with you.

The girl looked at him now with desire in her eyes after what Logan just said.

Logan: No matter how much you cried back then, I was always there for you. Whenever you felt alone, I would always play with you, and no matter what happened to me during my time away...

Logan paused for a moment before continuing...

Logan: I always thought of you right next to my family. You guys are the reason on why I wanted to live. So believe me when I say that no matter what it was the reason I left... I love you too much to blame you.

Logan finished, leaving a blushing Quinlan in her stead.

Quinlan: Thank You, Logan.

She said with a smile as did Logan before he opened his arms, inviting her for an embrace.