Chapter 10 - The Reason Why?

Narrators' POV

Logan was in his parent's in their bedroom with Pop-pop as he began explaining himself...

Logan: 10 years ago when I was going home from school I made a decision that I regretted ever since.

10 Years Earlier

A 12-Year Old Logan was walking home from school he decided to take a detour and walked past an old building and heard some strange noises when he went inside the alley beside the building, He was curious as to where those noises came from so he decided to see who was making those noise as he saw a broken window he climbed up and what he saw next changed his way of life.

Logan saw some men in sharp suits discussing something along with another man but he was on the ground covered in bruises, cuts, and was practically bleeding.  What Logan saw traumatized him but he only grew more curious and tried to eavesdrop on their conversation.

???: Look, Victor, I can explain just please give me another chance I promise I won't mess up again.

Logan saw the injured man talking to someone who he guessed was the other men's boss It seemed like his name is Victor.

Victor: Oh Laurence, You disappoint me all you had to do was one job and you failed it pathetically, It seems like I have to make an example out of you.

Laurence: No! Please Victor just give me another chance.

Victor: Oh Laurence, We used to be buddies but I'm still the boss a boss must make an example of his failures. Put him in the trunk.

The other guys who Logan guessed were Victor's goons placed Laurence in the trunk of a car as he squirmed and struggled to break free from their clutches. As Logan watched the scene in horror he accidentally stepped on a plastic bottle with it making a noise that Victor took notice of and saw Logan though only his head as he fled the scene with haste, Victor, and his goons chased after Logan but lost him.

Goon #1: Sir we lost the boy.

Victor: Don't worry he won't be able to hide for long, I mean how many kids are there with white hair here in Michigan.

Victor took note of Logan's distinguishable white hair and will stop at nothing to keep him silent.

Victor's Mind: I'm going to find you, boy, you better keep your mouth shut if you don't want anything to happen to you or the people you love.

Logan ran as far as he could with all his might and eventually found himself home, He went inside ran upstairs and locked himself in his room as he was scared beyond his mind.

Morning came and Logan wanted to think of yesterday's events as just an awful dream but as he was eating his breakfast he saw on the news that a man was shot to death and was discarded in the Royal Woods lake, He recognized the man as Laurance the one who Victor placed in the trunk yesterday proving that what happened then was real.

Logan became petrified since he was a witness to a murder he knew Victor would stop at nothing to keep him quiet. Weeks already passed and Logan kept his guard up becoming paranoid and assuming that Victor was following him if not still searching for him since he was still on the loose.

Two months have passed since then and Logan eased up a bit and calmed down thinking that Victor might've given up on him until when he was walking home from school again a mysterious man in a suit followed him with Logan none the wiser.

The man came closer and dragged Logan to an isolated alley and it was revealed that it was Victor, this made Logan scream internally in terror as Victor finally found him after months of running and hiding.