𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚

The nurse gets in the room and sees Zach standing up, bracing himself on Jack's arms.

"I see you're getting better Mr. Herron...how are you feeling today?"

The curly head helps him sit down on the arm chair.

"I'm feeling less drowsy...and it's not hurting as bad."

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept well, you?"

"I haven't slept yet Mr. Herron, my shift ends in fifteen minutes."

"Sleep well then." The woman chuckles.

"Oh I'm gonna miss you dear...you're adorable."

"What do you mean you're gonna miss me?"

"You're going home today."

"Are you for real?"

"The realest." Zach gets up the best he could and opened his arms.

The nurse hugged him.

"Thank you, you're the best."

"Oh darling, it was all you and your cute boyfriend." Zach blushes lightly.

"He is cute, isn't he? You should see him without a shirt. Goes from cute to hot real quick." They chuckle.

The woman pecks his cheek.

"The doctor will be here in a few minutes okay? Get your butt on that bed."

"Okay I will, I will." Zach sits down on the arm chair again.

Jack wraps his arm around his shoulder and smiles softly.

"Just in time for Christmas."Zach leans against him.

" Damn, I even forgot about Christmas..." Jack mutters.

"Yeah, these two weeks have been chaotic as fuck."

"Tell me about it...I'm just happy you're okay...I thought about us going somewhere for new year-"

"Jack...i don't need to go somewhere for new year, I just want you as my new years kiss...Dani's a terrible kisser." They chuckle.

"Okay okay, I'll give you the best kiss of your life on new years."

"As you should."

***

Jack helps the brunet into his car and closes the door.

He sits down in his seat.

"Do you wanna stay at mine or yours?"

"Mine...I need to see what dessert I'm making for Chris-"

"That was adorable."

"What?"

"You thinking you're baking anything for Christmas...God you're so cute."

"Baby...I know you loved the tiramisu." The brunet lays his hand on Jack's thigh.

"Not a chance...you're keeping that nice ass on that bed and only getting up when you have to go to the bathroom or when we go to Keri."

"You know, they don't call me handy zachy for no reason..." Jack starts laughing.

"Oh my God...okay damn, you win comedian of the year."

"Cmon, I'll bake just one cake for Christmas!"

"Not happening. I want you to fully recover from this."Jack turns on his car and starts driving.

"But baby...its just one...you can help me..."

"Cmon angel, I don't wanna argue."

"Please...just a small cake...Christmas is next week! I'll be better by then."

"Zach...please."

"Please Jack...me and mom used to spend Christmas eve baking and I'd love to bake in her honor...please."

Jack sighs.

"Fine. But I'm helping." Zach smiles.

"You're the best!" The brunet pecks his hand.

"You know I just want to see you happy."

***

"Baby...can you get me my cookbook from the kitchen?"

"Sure." Jack grabs it and goes back to their room.

The brunet opens it and grabs a picture of a woman.

"Who's that? She really looks like you."

"This is my mom. Her name's Myta."

"I see where you got your beauty from."

"She was prettier in person...she was seriously something else..."Jack lays his head on the crook of his neck.

"She wrote three of these. One for me and two for my siblings...each one has unique stories about our family...and different goodbye letters."

"My mom...she was killed by her ex- fianceé that she left at the aisle for my dad."

"How did she write the letters then?"

"She...knew he was coming for her...they tried everything to stop him but everything wasn't enough." He wipes his tears.

"I never read the letter she left me...because maybe, just maybe I could still hold on to this last memory of her."He sniffs.

Jack grabs some tissues and hands it to him.

" Thanks baby. "

" Hey, I'm here okay...I won't leave."

"You know, I was a real asshole. I didn't go to her funeral...i didn't say my last goodbye to her because I was too busy getting drunk at a party."

"She know you love her very much...i bet she's watching over you." Jack pecks his neck.

"Ya know, I give money to homeless people because of her...whenever we went out she always gave us a ten dollar bill to give a homeless person and said you need to be generous, you never know if it's gonna be you one day."

"She seemed like an amazing woman."

"And she was...she would've loved you and bake the best chocolate cake ever and then tell you how ugly your ties are." They chuckle.