Chapter 5- A Devil's Work

It's been three days since Issei got turned into a devil. You get home from school without Issei as he has stuff to do with Rias and the others. As you enter your house you are surprised to see Rias speaking with Mr and Mrs Hyoudou, but is quick to turn her attention to you as you enter the room.

"Rias what are you doing here?"

"I was just telling Mr and Mrs Hyoudou about me taking you under me and my family's care." Rias smiles.

"Why exactly?" Your confused why Rias is wanting you to be in her care. Your not special except from your inhuman appetite, you don't possess any of this sacred gear like Issei.

Mr Hyoudou turns to you "From what this lovely young lady has told us Y/N. You should go it could help you so much."

"Yes dear, it will be a great opportunity. Remember you will always be apart of our family Y/N, you will always have a home here." Mrs Hyoudou adds while not explaining exactly what Rias told them.

Rias stands up from the couch and takes your hand "Well now that this is settled, me and Y/N will be taking our leave." Rias leads you out of the house and into a quiet place where people can't see you both.

"Rias explain what your doing?" You demand as you pull your hand out of her grasp.

Rias looks somewhat upset from your actions. She then sighs before saying "Y/N... Your special I don't know but there is something about you. I want to make sure that you aren't taken by the Fallen Angels, I'm doing this for your safety."

"I don't know much about this devil and fallen angel stuff but I don't need help. I'm nothing special not like Issei he has this sacred gear thing. I don't have that I'm just a guy. I'm not even a member of your house, protect Issei he will need it more." You storm off in a mix of anger and confusion on Rias' reasons.

"Y/N!" Rias shouts trying to get your attention before you disappear out of her view.

The ORC Building-

Rias appears from a teleportation circle in the middle of her office with everyone waiting for her return with you. When the red light clears to everyone's disbelief your not with her.

Issei jumps up from the couch "Where is Y/N?"
This also seems to get everyone else more interested in you.

Rias sighs and sits at her desk. She then looks to her house and explains "Y/N stormed off. He wanted to know why I need him in careful watch and protection. I told him the basic reasons that seemed to anger him."

"So where is he?" Kiba questions.

Rias looks at her desk putting her hand on her forehead "I don't know."

"Why didn't you follow him!" Issei yells "He could get himself into trouble or worse."

"Calm down Issei, I'm sure Y/N will be fine" Akeno says trying to comfort Issei's worries.

Issei runs out of the ORC building to go out looking for you.

"Issei..." Rias stops and sighs.

"It's ok Rias these two are just confused on the whole thing being new to this. Y/N probably is just worried for Issei just as he was attacked for his sacred gear" Akeno says trying to comfort Rias about the situation.

———————————————————————————

You have been walking around Kuoh hours now. You end up walking through a small woodland area until coming across an abandoned building. You stop to take a lot at the building thinking about everything Rias said.