D+1 | Part 3

[TAEYONG]

"What should we do?" I asked, knitting my brows, hands clasped together.

We are currently together inside this Unit 501, our unit, the cleanest unit. It's already past lunch time and I gathered them here all together.

"Pretend that we're not here." She answered, her arms are crossed. "Just don't let them see us."

How can she like that?

"So, who volunteers to go into the rooftop later since it was still too hot up there. We might see something interesting there and see something useful through the binoculars." I demanded. "Just three is enough. I wanted to go, but I still can't because of this leg."

Daeun raised her hands, Mark looked at her and raised his hands. Huh?

I looked at Mark, curiously, as I saw on my peripheral vision, Johnny also raised his hands.

"Okay, just took a rest first." Resting my head into head of the sofa, still looking at Mark who is looking at Daeun, who is coming towards me.

"So, I have a favor." She said. "Do you have any extra clothes or the other guys? I badly want a wash right now."

"I-"

Mark came over and said, "I have extra ones. What do you like, hoodies and shorts, shirts or-"

"Just bring what I can wear." She smiled at him. "Thanks."

Mark smiled at her then left, heading towards their unit. Daeun looked at him leave and then suddenly looked at me.

"And, also, can I have a unit to myself too? Just the one in front of this? I am a girl and I need some p- just kidding you probably hate me right now because I have so many deman-"

"Sure. But, you have to go to the control room. With someone. There's already instruction them, so you can manage it well. I answered, cutting her off. She smiled and looked around.

"Yuta!" She called him out. "Are you free later?" Why is it like she's asking him out?

He scratched his head, "I'm sure that I have...nothing to do at all these days."

"Good. Can you come with me to the control room later?" She asked. "Or not if you don't want."

"Sure, no problem." Her eyes lit up when she heard him say that. What's with this girl?

"Thanks."

Mark came in and holding a pile of clothes, with a hoodie. Daeun smiled widely as soon as he saw that. "Thank you so much!"

She looked at me, "Can I use the bathroom?"

I nodded, "There's already a spare towel there." Then, she left.

Mark is just looking at her.

Hmm, interesting.

[DAEUN]

I reached the bathroom and checked first if the water is still running. I clicked my tongue when I saw water coming out of the shower. I took off my clothes and I started to wash up.

As I was washing up, a flashback occurred to me, not totally a flashback, but a dream I just had years ago.

"Daeun-ah."

I looked back and saw him, my older brother, disrupting my little play with the teddy bears.

"Hmm?"