D+1

[DAEUN]

A day have passed. It's already Friday. Still no contact from outside. I am currently standing here at the balcony, looking through the balcony. The monsters are still there, just doubled. We just hope that they will subside and left us completely.

"Breakfast?" I heard someone said behind me. I confess...I still haven't tried eating breakfast.

I looked behind me and smiled at him, "Sure."

I followed him and sat on a chair, there are ten chairs surrounding the dining table.

"Here, a coffee and a bread." Am I going to finally taste a coffee and a bread?!

I thanked him, the same guy as earlier, and took a sip. Oh nice. He's still limping, though.

"What's your name?" I heard the guy beside me asked me, scratching his head. "If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm Daeun, Han Daeun. What about all of you?" I asked taking a bite off the bread. Yummy.

"You don't know us?" The same guy who asked my name asked me.

"Oh, you're the second person who asked me that. Am I really supposed to know you? Am I missing out?" I said, blinking a few times at him.

"W-well, uhm, like." He stuttered as the guys stared at him. "I'm Lee Minhyung, but you can just call me Mark."

"Are you the youngest here?" I asked, taking another sip with my coffee.

He just shook his head as I heard someone scoffed, making me look at him. "Oh I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. How old are you? So I should know if I will use honorifics."

"I'm just eighteen." He simply answered, glaring at Mark. "He's eighteen too, but I'm younger than him."

"Oh, we're the same age!" I enthusiastically exclaimed. "Do you want me to use honorifics for you guys?"

"Not for me, please." Someone said. "I feel old when someone did that to me."

"Hyung, because you are really old." The guy I asked what is his age fired back at him, making the older glared at him.

"Please, tell me all of your names, so I can address you all properly."

"I'm Lee Donghyuck, just call me Haechan or yours." He suddenly winked making the one I helped yesterday smacked him at the back of his head and the guys stared at him in disbelief. Does winking signify something?

"I'm Taeil, the oldest here." The one Haechan fired at.

"I'm Jungwoo." He smiled a bit at me before sipping to his coffee again.

"I'm Yuta." He said in a serious face.

"Are you a J-Japanese?" I asked him, almost forgetting the word.

His eyes light up, "How did you know? Can you speak Japanese?"

I nodded slowly, "I have still many things to improve like the pronounciation and expand my vocabulary."

My father gave me some language books and one of them was Japanese. It was when I am around sixteen that time. I really tried hard to learn and memorize it even though it makes my head hurts so much that day.

He suddenly smiled at me, "I'll be glad to teach you some day!" I smiled back at him.

"I'm Johnny."

"You look like someone." It's really true, I once saw his look-a-like on a book, more like a children's book.

"Please don't say it." He said as I stopped myself from blurting out.

"I'm Doyoung." He simply said with a serious face.

"Good. Nice to meet you."

"Jaehyun." The guy who asked me if I was flirting.

"What's flirting, by the way?" I asked making their mouth agape open.

"J-jaehyun you flirt at her?!" The injured guy asked him, not believing it.

"No, I-"

"What does that mean?" I cutted him off. "Is it some inappropriate word?"

"Don't you really know that word?" Jaehyun said. "You will know it someday, I guess?"

I just shrugged and looked at the injured guy,

"And I'm Taeyong." He said. "I'm the leader of this group."

I creased my forehead in confusion, "A group? What are you, some kind of a gang?"

They made noises, a noise of disagreement, "No, we're not a gang. We're an idol."

"An idol? The one who goes on a television? That's cool." I said. I think they are starting to think that I'm weird.

The silence filled in as Taeyong break it, "We should check out the units by floor."

"I think we should do that tomorrow. Get some rest, injured guy." I replied, making the guys agree.

"O-oh okay, the tenth floor members just get your stuffs at your unit and use the Unit 502 for a while. It has already electricity." The other guys agreed and continued to eat.

"What's your plan, Daeun?" Johnny asked.

"My plan?" I said as I stared at him. "Is to find my mother and older brother."

They stared at me in amusement, "W-what?"

They suddenly shook her heads, "Continue. You can tell us more about yourself." Taeyong said.

I scratched my head, "Uhm...I had been locked up throughout my whole life. Nothing interesting, nothing more. Just a boring, repeating day everyday since I got locked up."

The silence started to take over, eyes are filled with worry, sadness, and empathy, "Don't pity me. I hate that. Besides, I already got my revenge."

"R-really? How?" Jungwoo asked, looking directly at me.

"Yesterday," I deeply breathe in. "the day where I first met these guys inside the store is the day where I got my freedom. How?"

They are not really interested in me, right?

"Because I killed him, my father, the suspect."

"Y-y-you k-killed who? W-what?" Haechan stuttered, eyes wide.

"My father." Then I realized. "Oh he already turned. Turned into a monster, but he was already monster before that, so it does not make sense. Still, I got my revenge and I am happy for that." I smiled a bit, trying to ease the atmosphere.

"Did he do something to you?" Jaehyun asked. "And when did he lock you up?"

"Well, he abused me for sure, but he gave me food, water, books that I learned and read for myself, and, luckily, he gave me bathroom and some clothes. He gave me that, but who would like it if someone locked you up inside a cold, dark basement since you were a kid? No experiences, no friends, worse, he make me part ways and cut my communication with my mother and brother." I explained. "Oh, I got locked up since I was two. The reason? I still don't know."

"Then, yesterday came and this shit happened, I got my own freedom for over sixteen years. As soon as I got out of that hell place, I finally saw the trees, the sky...the birds. And you guys...were the first person that I have ever seen other than my dad, with the exception of my mother and older brother, of course, but that was way many years ago. I don't havy any idea who are they, where are them, and what they look like. Thanks for my speech."

"That was a long-ass ride." Mark blurted out, looking down.

"Either you like it or not, we are now your family." Taeyong butted in, his posture is...like a formal one. "Well, we're your friends now."

Oh.

《《《《《   ○ ○ ○    》》》》》

guys, i have a problem with my internet and it sucks. i can't update every other day :((