D+2

[JUNGWOO]

"I am with you?" I asked Daeun who is sitting, watching us. "Yay."

She chuckled and pinched my cheeks, "You are so cute."

We drew lots earlier, pair-by-pair, to search the whole building like every other room that we can found here. I am with Daeun. Johnny with Doyoung. Taeyong with Taeil. Jaehyun with Mark. Lastly, Haechan with Yuta.

"What floors are we going to check?" She asked, looking at her nails. "Is it 6 and 9?"

I hummed in response and sat down next to her, leaning my head onto the sofa.

"Can I ask you a question?" She said, now looking at me. "Shoot."

"Are you all singers?" She asked, looking directly at my eye. "Like you just sing in front of your fans."

"Yes, we do sing. We can also dance and rap, each member specializes that trait. We have positions that means we are focused on that thing, like Taeyong who is a main dancer, main rapper, visual, center, and our leader, and he sing sometimes." I explained to her and she just nodded at it.

"Another one, uhm..." She hesitantly said. "I don't know the lyrics, but can you recognize this lullaby, I think."

"Go on. I'll try to help." I smiled at her and motioned her to hum.

It is...not familiar to me.

I tilted my head to right, thinking hard if I already heard that melody, "I'm sorry...but I can't recognize it at all."

I looked behind her and saw almost all of the guys, looking at her. They have this thinking look on their faces as if they heard our conversation or they are just confused as she started to hum.

She pouted and give me a reassuring smile, "It's okay. I just asked you. Thanks by the way."

"Okay, guys!" Taeyong clapped his hands, walking towards the front, stumbling a little bit, but he can now manage. "Before it gets dark, we have to start searching now. Try to find any tool that can help protect you. Go."

"Wait!" We all looked at her as she stood up. "I have something to remind you all."

"If you ever encountered one, always aim at their head."

[MARK]

"Do you like her?"

I stopped walking and looked behind me to see that he is staring at me, crossed arms. We are currently in the hallway of the second floor.

I chuckled slightly, "Dude, what are you saying? Do you like her?"

Jaehyun sighed, "No, not at all. I just like have this feeling that I need to protect her. That's all, yet you are the one who seemed to do anything just for her. Do you see how Taeyong looked at you?"

I knitted my eyebrows, "Huh? Taeyong hyung? Maybe he is just suspecting Daeun. She's new, afterall."

"You're dumb." He shook her head and just went straight ahead me, heading towards the Unit 201. "Let's get back to business."

He tried opening the door, but it is locked. "Oh, fortunately, Yuta got all the keys."

"Aren't you scared?" I asked, raising my weapon, a baseball bat. "Like there's a monster inside waiting for us."

"I'm more scared at humans." He answered, finding the right key for the unit.

I chuckled, "What if we find a human there?" Coming towards near him as he put the key in.