Sleep, Dinner, Sleep

"Kara." Kara could hear a soothing voice call her name.

"Five more minutes." Kara whined, turning to lay on her side. She felt comfortable and didn't want to wake up.

"Wake up Kara." Kara felt a finger poke her back.

"Let me sleep. Tired." Kara muttered, keeping her eyes closed.

"C'mon dear, wake up." Kara felt another poke on her back. Kara forced herself to ignore the poke.

Kara heard the voice chuckle.

"You are so out of it, Kara." Kara felt a hand run down her back, the sensation soothing.

"C'mon sweet puppy. Time to wake up. We have to go home." Kara felt the hand shake her a little.

'Sweet puppy?' Kara's mind was a bit hazy but those words caught her attention. 'Why am I a sweet pup- oh right.'

Kara opened her eyes slowly, seeing her reflection in the glass in front of her. Kara yawned widely, blinking her eyes. She noticed that it was now dark outside, the city lights now visible.

Kara stretched, extending her legs. She shook her whole body then, letting out another yawn.

"Come here, Kara." Kara turned around to see Lena standing in the middle of the office, purse in the crook of her left arm, holding the red leash in her right hand.

Kara padded over to her, stumbling a little on her paws, still feeling a bit sleepy. 'Walk. Walk. Don't stumble.'

Lena attached the leash, began to walk out of the office, Kara following behind her. Kara realized faintly that Bailey followed them into the elevator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the elevator, Lena took out her phone and glanced at the time. It was 8PM. Thankfully, she caught up on all her work, and handled a lot of phone calls. She put her phone back in her purse. She glanced up in the elevator, seeing that they were on the 70th floor.

That's what you get for having an office on the top floor.

Lena let out a heavy sigh. She then felt a slight weight fall on her left foot. Lena glanced down, and inwardly squealed.

Kara had fallen over on her left foot, seemingly fallen into a slight doze. 'She slept for about 8 hours, I'm surprised she's still sleepy.' Lena thought, a smile on her face.

Lena heard Bailey chuckle behind her. "Would you like me to carry her, Ms. Luthor?" Bailey's voice held a slight hint of amusement.

"No, it's alright. Could you hold my purse, Bailey?" Lena turned a bit and held out her purse for Bailey to take.

"Certainly, Ms. Luthor." Bailey grabbed the purse.

Lena kneeled down, picking up Kara in her arms. Kara let out a small surprised yip before falling silent and even more limp. Lena let out a slight chuckle.

"You will have quite a bit of dog fur on your suit, Ms. Luthor." Bailey grinned.

"Thankfully Jess bought quite a few lint rollers." Lena thought about the giant piles of items in her living room.

"Jess certainly likes to be prepared." Lena nodded in agreement at Bailey's words. Jess had left a bit earlier, escorted by Stevie.

Ding! The elevator doors opened, allowing Lena and Bailey to walk out. The main lobby was vaguely empty with most of LCorp employees having left earlier in the day. They walked through the lobby, with Bailey rushing ahead of Lena, opening the door. Lena nodded towards the four security guards near the front door. All four security guards bowed their heads slightly.