c h a p t e r 5- who puts a dishwasher in a cupboard?

The next morning, I woke up to find my twin's face looking down at me, his stupid grin still attached to his face. Screaming, I shoved his face away before clutching a pillow in front of me.

'What the hell, Jordan! I swear to god you almost gave me a heart attack idiot!' I gasped, pointing a finger accusingly at him. To my annoyance he burst out laughing, falling onto the floor while doing so. Oh, hell no this was NOT funny. Grabbing my pillow, I narrowed my eyes at him. With as much force as I could muster, I threw the pillow. Right. At. His. Face. He stopped laughing. Smirking, I crossed my arms in triumph as I leaned against my headboard. Yeah, that's right Jordan.

Jordan slowly rose, eyebrows raised at me. 'Did you just throw a pillow at me?'

'Yup,' I replied confidently.

His mouth opened slightly and I smirked again. A look of determination crossed his face and he lunged at me before tickling me. Squealing, I attempted to jump away but he had trapped me. Damn his annoying 6-foot body!

'Jordan... can't... take... anymore!' I giggled uncontrollably. He stopped for a second to lock my eyes with his. 'You gonna take back hitting me?'

'Nope!' I stuck my tongue out- then blushed realising what I just did. Rolling his eyes, Jordan got of me, holding out a hand.

'Well before you decided to attack me, I was gonna wake you up to tell you that breakfast was ready.'

'Oh,' I said. It was weird to actually have someone come and get me, let alone have breakfast. Normally, I had to rely on my natural body clock to wake me up and as for breakfast, well, it was whatever was left in the bins outside restaurants. Realising, I was taking way too long just sitting there, I hurried after Jordan who was now walking downstairs.

Catching up with him, he smiled down at me. I sent a hesitant smile back, ignoring my mind yelling at me to not get too close. After all, he had been nothing but nice to me and had even made me laugh which, looking back, nobody had been able to do in a while.

We reached the kitchen and, like the rest of the house, it was extremely modern and probably extremely expensive. Luckily, only Jared was there - he looked up from his phone for maybe one second to give me a quick glance over and then returned back to it. Unsure of what to do, I just watched Jordan get out a bowl of cheerio's and milk.

'Do you not want anything?' He asked, in a slightly concerned tone. Shifting from one foot to another, I simply asked, 'I'm allowed to eat anything here?'

At this, Jared's head snapped up, he and Jordan exchanging a look that I couldn't decipher the meaning of before Jordan replied 'Yeah of course you can.'

I nodded, before grabbing the same thing as Jordan and sitting down next to him. Lifting the spoon to my mouth, I had to stifle a moan- I hadn't had any type of cereal in years and milk in even longer but wow it tasted good. Practically dancing in my seat, I finished the rest of my meal in bliss- only after finishing did I realise that everyone else had arrived and were watching me in amusement. Oops.

Blushing quite deeply now, I just got up and padded over to the sink to wash up my bowl. Just as I was about to turn the water on, a deep voice spoke up from behind me.

'Dishwasher.' I turned, only to be engulfed in the huge form of Dylan.

'Oh right. Thanks.' I blushed again. Silently screaming in my head, I looked around, trying to find signs of a dishwasher. I came up empty handed and just as I reached the point where I really wished a hole would just swallow me up, Dylan sighed once again before reaching over me to open up one of the cupboards where, of course, the dishwasher lay. I mean, seriously, who puts a cupboard looking door over a dishwasher? Rich people, apparently.

Finally, I put my bowl away and just as I got ready to run out the room in pure humiliation, Wyatt grabbed my arm before talking. 'Your going shopping today with your brothers, okay?'. Honestly, I don't know why he asked me at the end, as his tone made it clear that it wasn't up for discussion.

'Yup,' I replied, popping the p. With a nod of approval, Wyatt let go and hallelujah I was finally allowed to leave. It wasn't till I reached my room that I fully processed Wyatt's words. I was going shopping today. With my brothers. Well, I thought, this will be interesting.