𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Jimin's pov

Despite expecting just as much, Jimin was still excited when he awoke on Christmas Eve to the grounds covered in a thick blanket of white snow. The lake was frozen over and the trees were coated in layers of sugar like frosting which glistened in the sunlight.

After getting dressed in the biggest and warmest sweater that he could find which basically swallowed him up, Jimin left Slytherin common room to join his friends in the Great Hall for breakfast. When he reached the Slytherin table where Hoseok and Yoongi were sat, Jimin almost forgot that Seokjin and Taehyung were at home with their families.

"Where's Namjoon hyung?" Asked Jimin after reaching his two friends.

Yoongi stifled a laugh as he looked up at Jimin. "Jimin that sweater is bigger than you." He grinned.

Jimin ignored him.

"Owlerry." Hoseok replied to Jimin's question, his mouth full of pancake.

"You mean he's gone outside without us already?" Jimin asked, sounding almost betrayed.

"Morning Jimin." Came a voice behind Jimin who swivelled around immediately to see Namjoon standing there, his boots covered with fresh snow.

He sat down next to him and grabbed some pancakes.

"It's freezing out there, honestly you don't wanna go out." The Ravenclaw said. "Sit down, Kook."

It was then that Jimin noticed him. Jungkook had seemingly walked in from outside with Namjoon as he lingered awkwardly by their table and Jimin felt his eyes widen.

"All his friends went home on the train, so he's spending time with us." Namjoon announced as Jungkook slid nervously into the seat opposite Jimin. "I was posting Jinnie's Christmas present so that it got there in time for tomorrow and caught this idiot trying to practice Quidditch in this freezing weather."

"How do you even know each other?" Hoseok asked Namjoon, raising an eyebrow at Jungkook.

"We met a couple of weeks back up in the astronomy tower." Namjoon explained, smiling fondly at the young Gryffindor that he seemed to have grown a liking of.

"More importantly" Yoongi started, "why were you playing Quidditch in this weather, at this time in the morning without having had breakfast and wearing that little amount of clothing?"

It was then Jimin noticed that Jungkook was only wearing jeans and hoodie when it was literally snowing.

Jungkook turned and looked at Yoongi. "I had some spare time cause I woke up early so I decided to get some practice in. Plus I usually get hot when I practice"

"But it's Christmas eve!" Hoseok exclaimed. "You don't need to practice now, just relax for a couple days would you?"

Jungkook just looked away and shook his head, not daring to make eye contact with Jimin.

Yoongi scoffed. "It's cause he's training like crazy cause he thinks he's gonna beat us in the next match."

Jungkook looked back up and stared Yoongi dead in the eye. "Yeah, I am." He said bluntly.

Yoongi just smiled. "I doubt it, kid." He said, slinging an arm round Jimin's shoulder. We seem to have the best seeker in the school and of course me, the best keeper in the school, on the same team."

Jungkook turned to look at Jimin almost as if he had only just noticed he was there.

Hoseok laughed. "I mean he's not wrong."

Jungkook seemed unfazed by this, however. "For now." He said, smiling. "But I never lose, and so I don't intend on getting beaten again."

Th five of them sat in an awkward silence for a second before Namjoon cleared his throat. "Okay guys please sop talking about Quidditch when you're all rivals. Besides I have no interest in the sport so please enlighten me with something else."