chapter 38

Karthik and arthi were taken to icu...doctors are checking them...

A nurse in the hospital took arthi's things and finding some arthi's contact to inform her condition to her relatives...Thank god arthi's mobile ringed it is from srikanth....

The nurse attend the call immediately and told about arthi and karthik condition to srikanth....

Srikanth was very much shocked and arrived to the hospital within few minutes.....now he is standing infront of the icu....

Nurse : Are you Mr.srikanth malhotra?The patient's brother right...

Srikanth : yes....how is my sister now...and karthik...?

Nurse : it is a major accident case sir...doctors are checking...another patient her husband I think so he is in OT ..doctors are checking him sir...you wait and these are your sister's things...

Srikanth(with fear + shivering tone) : sister she is pregnant....baby....

Nurse : don't lose your hope...pray to god...doctor will come and say her condition....

Srikanth was completely broken he sat on the floor and continues tears are flowing from his eyes.....he called shivani and said the whole thing....shivani too came to the hospital...

Now shivani is consoling srikanth....a lady doctor came out from the ICU....srikanth and shivani asked about arthi's condition to that doctor....

Doctor : your sister is fine....nothing to worry....but....but sorry to say this she got abortion....Take care of her...within a hour she will gain conscious...Her forehead and right leg got some bruises other than that she is absolutely fine...

Srikanth and shivani nodded their heads and doctor left the place....

Srikanth : shivani... My sister have many dreams about her baby...how can I say to her that your child is no more arthi nu.....

Shivani : you don't worry srika I will handle her...you and go check karthik's condition first...

Srikanth nodded his head and moved to OT to check karthik....

Treatments are going on....A chief doctor came out from the OT ...srikanth went near to him....

Doctor : oh you Mr.srikanth malhotra...A renowned heart surgeon and you are the patient relation right...

Srikanth : yes...He is karthik sharma my brother in law...is he alright doctor?

Doctor : srikanth his condition is critical..In accident his brain got some internal bleeding...we need to do a major surgery to stop this bleeding...let's hope for the best...after the surgery only I can give you assurance...sorry to say this....

Srikanth : if the surgery fails.....he will die...am I correct doctor...

Doctor : come on srikanth....Many miracles happened in medical field you know that....pray to god...

Srikanth simply nodded his head with eyes full of tears.....

In Murthy mansion...

Priya is stirring the milk...Raman is checking some patient's history....suddenly priya got her delivery pain...she switched off the stove and called ram...

Ram rushed to the hospital with priya...it is the same hospital where arthi and karthik is taking treatment....

Lady doctor took priya to the maternity ward...priya is screaming continously whereas ram is walking to and fro outside the ward....while walking ram found srikanth who is descending from the stairs slowly....Ram is shocked to see srikanth in the hospital that too with a very upset face....Ram called srikanth and went near to him...seeing ram srikanth controlled tears started to flow and he crashed on ram's shoulder..

Ram patted srikanth's shoulder and asked to him what happen...?

After knowing about the accident thing from srikanth.. ram rushed to see arthi and karthik...

Shivani is with arthi...arthi gained her consciousness she remembered the accident thing and shouted karthik's name...

Shivani : arthi calm down dear...karthik is perfectly alright....In accident he got some bruises so he is getting treatment for that....

Arthi nodded her head....after few seconds reality strikes and she touched her tummy....

Arthi : My baby.....My baby is fine right....

Shivani eyes become teary...at the same time ram and srikanth entered....

Srikanth : Arthi dear you got up...you are fine right...is there is paining somewhere...?

Arthi : bhaiya...why shivani bhabi is crying....?My baby is fine right...say something na bhaiya.....

Srikanth(with tears) : Arthi dear calm down first....ok it is important to say all the truth to you...yes dear your child got aborted....be strong my dear.....

Arthi become so much aggressive she started to threw all the things which is kept in the stool....she took out her glucose tube and started to shout....she is very much depressed....

Ram : Arthi please calm down...nothing to worry....again you will become a mother soon....1st child abortion is not a big thing...your heath condition is good and soon  you will become a mother....sometimes god will test our patience that is happening to you now...be patience....if karthik see you like this then he will become sad....

Arthi : karthik....karthik....bhaiya where is karthik?....nothing happen to him... na...he is fine right....say something bhaiya....

Srikanth : he is fine dear....a minor surgery is going on...within 4 hrs after the surgery he will be completely fine dear....

Arthi(shockingly) : surgery....? What surgery...? I need to see karthik....first I need to see him....

Now a nurse came and informed to srikanth that he was called by a chief doctor who is giving treatment to karthik...

Srikanth : arthi dear you take rest....after the surgery we will meet karthik....ok dear...I will be back....shivani take care of her...Ram you come with me....

Srikanth and ram went to see the chief doctor who came out from the operation theatre....

Srikanth : what happen doctor...?

Doctor : am sorry srikanth...In the middle of the surgery itself karthik passed away...his body is not cooperated for the treatment...he lost his will power....

Srikanth was shocked.... tears started to flow from his eyes.....his head is spinning...he can't even stand properly...ram held srikanth's shoulder and give him a support to stand....

Srikanth(with tears) : how I am going to handle my arthi....god please help me...why are you always making my arthi suffer...?