Prologue

!Notice!

I'm currently editing this story so that it won't really have a deep plot and just mostly WangXian moments since, looking back at the "plot outlines" I made, the supposed plot is just made up of scenarios I smooshed together into one story lmao. I'll be making a different story from this with a teeny bit difference soon (not now cuz...school ;w;) I haven't released the edits yet tho. I stopped writing chapter 31 cuz I realized that the plot's been stuck for literally 30 chaps already and that ain't good XDD

The sun was starting to set.

Its yon orange light distributed itself over Yunmeng's lotus-filled lakes. The glowing sun illuminated its reflection on the slightly quivering water. The rigid golden disk-shape slowly tinted almost everything it touched red.

Little by little, the sun started to hide itself away as it entered its daily need of slumber, slowly welcoming the night with the moon accompanied by countless dazzling lights. The fevered arch was shielded behind sloping mountains, their luscious green color getting dimmer and dimmer as time slipped away. The tall trees were like strong, shadowed soldiers, standing in an unmoving row.

The leaves then slowly began to rustle.

First, it was just a mere whisper of the wind until it started to howl its voice out. The lavish sky's once-thin clouds were replaced by large pillows of gravel-grey clouds, tarnishing the orange sky into a dark, angry hue. The trees that once stood tall and stiff gradually started to sway, its silhouette dancing along with the wind as if it was surrounded by lovely, intoxicating music that prevents it from ever stopping.

Soft tinkling came into the ears of the villagers as the first pearls of rain dropped onto the leaves like a shy, innocent maiden secretly wanting to be noticed by the person she loved but had no courage to do so. Droplets of moisture began to drip down them, sprinkling onto the grass. But soon, those shy taps turned into countless aggrieved and desperate calls, resonating along the humble village.

Puddles began plinking, the rainfall became heavier. People started running for cover while the clouds spat out their heavy beads of liquid.

"Oh my, it's raining again!"

"Ah, A-Luo, come here, come here. No, stop playing, you naughty child! Come back here!"

"Sigh, I was looking forward to playing until nighttime . . . Curses, this rain!"

"Ai, ai, don't say that! The heavens might punish us with drought instead, sigh . . . Come back in so that you won't get sick."

"Mama, mama, I wanna take a bath under this huge waterfall!"

"Sush, just come in here before you catch a cold!"

A sheet of rain then appeared above and the sound intensified. So much rain was falling that the sounds blurred into one long, whirring noise, drowning out the voice of the panicked people.

The roads then became silent. Void of the individuals, nothing but the pitter patters of the rain were heard. Everyone had already retreated from the cold, roaring night. Its loud drumming against their roofs was nothing but murmurs for those in their warm homes.

Suddenly, a worn out figure emerged from the darkness. Around his fragile body was a black cloak lined with red silk, soaked from the clouds pouring tears along with him. His already-thin white shirt stuck to his skin, revealing its porcelain white treasure. It was cold and the wind was sending shivers down his spine.

But none of that mattered to him, what he needed was to escape from this demonic lair he once called home. It didn't matter where, as long as he doesn't come back.

A gust of the icy-cold wind stroke his bare face and some parts of his uncovered collarbone, making him tremble even more. He gripped his rain-soiled cloak and held it onto himself even tighter. Tears were already starting to gather in his eyes, their rims starting to grow red. He bit hard on his lips until blood dripped down, its metallic taste scattering in his mouth, and pinched the area between his thumb and forefinger. He stubbornly refused to let a single tear seep out. He huffed out large, uncontrolled breaths as he continued to sprint.

He was already feeling weak to begin with, the acidic water plummeting from the jet black sky made his head spin even more. He shook away the nauseating feeling of his desire to upchuck the dinner that was supposed to be his source of strength and stumbled away.

The light torches left by the villagers illuminated his deathly pale face that made him look like he was barely even alive, like he was in the brink of death's door. His plump, chaffed lips that were devoid of the lush color it once had panted out his ragged calls for help. His long, dark cloak along with his unpigmented interior was immersed by muddy brown as his shoeless feet stepped on the rain-filled puddles.

Looking back to check, countless guards and disciples holding waterproof fire talismans filled his vision. The orange-red light revealed their exasperated and determined faces. They weren't that near, but they weren't that far either. Shrieking in fright, the boy ran even faster.

"No, no, no, no . . ." he mumbled to himself, a flash of terror in his eyes as he reminisce memories he tried to forget. "I-I can't—I . . ." he trailed off, huffing in a large breath, the smell of the natural shower and the ground in company with the trees and grass mashed into one scent filled his nostrils.

Cuts and wounds decorated his soft, delicate feet, pain then enveloped them. The blood trickling down were washed off by the rain water before slipping out again. But the terror of returning into that horrible place made him forget them.

"Goddamnit, that Wei WuXian! He's pampered like a princess by the whole sect even more than their future sect leader and his sister! Why the hell is he trying to escape, that piece of shit?! He's giving everyone in the sect a headache! Why won't he just give up and come back, he'll surely die out there!" a disciple huffed. Glaring at the wall of rain, he kicked a stone out of the way in annoyance.

Another rolled his eyes and sighed, "Shut up and just look for him. He's just some omega; he can't possibly go that far."

"'Just some omega' you say?" the shorter one mocked, looking at the worn out man with an amused gaze. "That 'just some omega' beat you when you sparred with him one time. Heh, how embarrassing, you must be lower than 'just some omega'."

"Shut your trap," he glared.

"Stop it you two. The family, especially the young master, is gonna kick our precious derriere if we don't find him."

The other two glared at the man who just scolded them like he didn't swear his heart out a few moments ago and walked even faster, trying to outdo each other and walk further away from the latter.

Although Wei WuXian knew that they couldn't hear him through the loud gush of rain, he screamed, "Just leave me alone!" He sealed his mouth shut right away to save his already limited breath. He ignored the men and continued to run faster, back into the woods.

The sun had set, but the moon never appeared. Nevertheless, everything was engulfed in nothing but complete darkness.

=====

Uh, I'm just gonna put this here. This was originally posted in AO3 but I might lose some stuff, lmao. I hope you enjoy!