Sectumsempra

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ᴏᴋᴀʏ ꜱᴏ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜʟʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴡᴇᴇᴋʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴍ ᴠᴇʀʏ ꜱᴛʀᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ. ᴀʟꜱᴏ, ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴜꜱᴇᴅ, ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴋɪᴘꜱ, ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪxᴛʜ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ, ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛꜱ ᴏʀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ. ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ, ᴡᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʜ ʏᴇᴀʀ. ꜱᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜꜱ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ.

  The rain softly trickled down the windows of the Gryffindor common room, Harry idly traced one with his finger, looking out at the grey day. A steady flow of gloomy chatter filled the common room, acting as white noise for his worry-filled brain. Voldemort's attacks have been becoming increasing, and his followers have been growing. Everyone knew a war was coming, yet no one acknowledged it, it bugged Harry to pieces. 

"Are you doing alright Harry?" Hermione's soft voice broke through his thoughts, his eyes floating away from the window to Hermione. Harry nodded, moving his legs off the window seat for Hermione to sit.

  Hermione's pregnancy had been weighing on her, she had chosen to use a glamour charm to conceal her stomach, but it didn't stop the side effects. As time went on and people saw she wasn't getting big, they just assumed the pregnancy was a rumor. 

"Sickle for your thoughts?"

Harry let out a deep sigh, "How do you do it Hermione?"

Hermione took a seat at the window, scooching further up to get comfortable. "Do what?"

"You know, deal with school and well," Harry gestured to her stomach, keeping his voice low.

"Sometimes I ask myself the same thing. You know with everything happening in this world I questioned if I should even have the baby. I thought maybe it could bring a little happiness to everyone if I did go through with it. Now I'm not so sure, I feel bad about bringing a child into this hate-filled world. But, that's just another reason to fight to make it better right?" Hermione smiled, reaching a hand out to squeeze Harry's knee.

"You're incredible Hermione." Hermione was due sometime towards the end of the school year. Mr. and Mrs. Weasly have already sworn to take the baby in, and care for it while Hermione finishes school, but Harry's not so sure they'll even get that far. He had been having meetings with Dumbledore, and if they're able to find these Horcruxes, they could finally end Voldemort. If that's true he's prepared to do whatever it takes, even if that means not returning to school next year.  Dumbledore promised him that if he found one, he would take Harry with him to get it.

  Harry reached into his back pocket, looking around the common room to make sure no one was watching, before pulling out the Marauders map. Hermione's face dropped from a smile to immediate annoyance.

"Harry please, just let it go. Stop stalking him."

"I'm not stalking him, I'm just-,"

"Stalking him," she deadpanned.

"Hermione, he's up to something, I know it." Harry has had this conversation many times, none of his friends took him seriously. Maybe it was because of what he and Malfoy had, or maybe it's because they didn't see it, he's not sure. Harry knows he's right though, Malfoy had been acting off for a long time, sneaking away to deserted parts of the castle, and all-around acting suspicious.