December 4th (1:22 AM)

---Sirius POV---

"You f*g" his mother screamed at him, "You will never be part of this family. First a Gryffindor now a gay, you are a disgrace to us all." Sirius slowly backed away, hoping that they wouldn't pull out their wands.

But they did, "CRUCIO!" his mother yelled. He screamed in pain. He screamed again and again until his punishment was over. He felt like he was burning. He looked up to see Regulus on the stairs, a sad look on his face.

"Reg?" Sirius called out as his mother and father exited the foyer.

"You really are a disgrace."

Sirius woke up, breathing heavily. There he was in the cold, dark dorm room. Everyone else was sleeping. Sirius slowly got out of his bed and transformed into his dog form. He pounced over towards Remus's bed and gave a small whine.

Remus opened his eyes, "Bad dream pads?" The dog nodded his head. "Come on up." Sirius jumped onto the bed and laid down next to Remus, still in his dog form. Remus scratched behind his ears and fell back asleep.

---Remus POV----

Remus couldn't sleep. He didn't want to wake the others up so he just lay in his bed still and hopeful that his eyes would shut and bring him into a happy dream. He heard a small whine and he looked down at the black dog sitting by his bed.

"Bad dream pads?" he said with a small smile. The dog slowly nodded his head, his eyes dejected. "Come on up," Remus said, patting on the bed. The dog jumped up onto Remus's bed and laid close to him. Remus felt the butterflies back in his stomach, but he tried to push them away as he scratched behind his friend's ears, waiting for the other to fall asleep. When he saw the dog's eyes close, he tried to close his own. He snuggled closer to the comfort of the dog and let himself drift off into a beautiful dream.