Chapter 17: Shawn's POV

(Play the song: River Flows by Yiruma.)

Shawn

Rain started dropping. Hinayaan kong bumagsak ito sa mukha ko kagaya ng hinayaan kong lumapit ang taong matagal ko ng hindi nakikita na siyang niyakap ako ng mahigpit habang umiiyak.

Pinilit kong iangat ang kanang kamay ko upang hagurin ang likuran niya at ng makalma siya kagaya ng dating ginagawa ko, na agad nakakapagpatahan sa kanya kapag sobra siyang umiiyak. Pero iba ngayon, dahil mas lalo siyang naiyak, katulad ng kung paanong nagbago lahat lahat samin.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I-Im sorry Shawn." She answered while still sobbing.

Hinawakan ko ang magkabilang balikat niya at unti-unti siyang inilayo mula sa pagkakayakap sakin.

Just like me, she's also soaking wet because of the rain. Pero hindi non natatakpan ang kagandahan niya, ang makakapal niyang pilikmata, her cheekbones, her little pointed nose and her  lips. Hindi nagbago except her hair that's now short. But she's still beautiful, still Alex.

Still that girl who made me fell for a long time. Still that girl I met here in this place 7years ago. Still that girl who chose to leave and broke me after I told her about my dad's plan is. Still that girl I've hurted. Still that girl whom I thought I'll only love for the rest of my life. Still that girl I cried a river for. Still that girl I said I'll wait until she comeback.

"Sh-awn, I- I know it took me almost 4years to comeback, but Im here now. Bu-bumalik ako kagaya ng pinangako ko sayo.."

I clearly heard it. I clearly heard her saying it.

She tried to hold my hand but I refused to. Tumingala ako at hinayaan kong pumatak ang luha mula sa mga mata ko.

Im sorry. Im sorry wife.

"Shawn. Andito na ako. Aren't you happy? Bumalik ako, bumalik ako pa-".

Binaling ko ang tingin ko sa kaniya at agad siyang hinapit para halikan.

I kissed her.

I know nagulat siya sa ginawa ko.

And I am too. I am too.

I am shocked that I felt nothing. Gone the longing, gone the pain and the love as well.

I expect this feeling, and before she could answer my kiss back, I let go of her together with all the memories we have that I kept for a long time.

"S-S-Shawn-"

"I still love you."

"I have-"

"Shawn please."

"I have to go." I said and started walking but before I could pass her, she grabbed my hand and looked at me with a questioning look.

"W-what happened? And where, where are you going?"

"This thing happened." I answered that made her more confused .

I look at her intently.

"We're not for each other Alex. You chose to achieve all your dreams without me, and I continued living my life here with the girl who made me realized a lot of things. With that girl who choses me over anything. With that girl who love me since the day she laid her eyes on me. With that girl who will always choose to make me happy eventhough I know and she knows that the things that she thought would make me happy will hurt her so much. With that girl, whom God gave me as my wife and my real happiness. And yes, siya din ang pupuntahan ko. Im sorry, kung sino man ang nagpapunta sayo dito? Nagkakamali siya na hanggang ngayon hinihintay padin kita. She's wrong. Because it is her that I LOVE NOW. Excuse me but I have to go." with that I didn't waste a second watching her crying while shouting my name instead I run as fast as I could to look for my wife.