Chapter 20: Missing

Chapter 20: Missing

I climbed on Ganter and he began flying east. I didn't know where we were going but I trusted he knew where he was going because he kept sniffing the air. It was almost like he was following Zenan's scent.

"Woah boy!" I yelled when he swerved sharply to avoid a tree, nearly throwing me off of him.

He snorted and I instantly knew he didn't mean to almost throw me off of his back. I smiled at how close we had become in the last few days.

Then I realized how much has happened in the last few days. I mean I met Zenan and Savanah twice apparently, and I met my brother I never knew I had. I found out I was a reincarnated queen and Zenan was my 'love'. And that something always goes wrong and I would probably die because of it.

"Ganter!" I yelped as he did another unforeseen sharp turn but I couldn't hold on and I fell off. I find realize how high up we were until I was barreling towards the ground. Ganter Thurber around but he couldn't get to me before I hit the ground.

At first, I couldn't feel anything, then a searing pain rocketed though my nerves. I struggled to keep my eyes open, knowing Ganter was trying to do all he could, but darkness took over.

~*~*~

It was about noon by the time I got to Percy's cavern. As soon I got there, a tired looking Blake ran out looking for something.

"Where's Madlynn?" He asked sounding worried.

"Isn't she here?" I asked confused.

"She left to find you. I had to tell her about... Rhiann.." He looked down. Any other time I would have punched him but Madlynn was missing and I couldn't waste any time.

I thought back when I heard that scream. I thought it was just some wild animal making it but it sounded scarily human. Now that I think about it more, I realized it was Madlynn's scream.

I thought about where I was but I couldn't tell. Just tall trees... Tall trees, hmm. The elder trees! The east side of the forest! I have to search there.

"Do you have a sword or anything I could use?"

"I have a few training swords in my room I was going to use with Madlynn but she has the Silver one." He said. I gave a small breath of relief.

"One of those will do. And anyways I know the area she's in. Not many powerful creatures live there. And with the sword, the stronger ones probably won't go after her."

"Plus she has Ganter with her." He said. Then it all made sense. She must have fallen from Ganter's back. The trees grow in odd shapes and its hard for a Darkling to maneuver without using sharp turns.

"I need to go. I have to hurry." I said taking the sword Blake had just ran and gotten. Then I started toward where the elder trees were, weapon in hand.